Part 19

Jason Pov

"This morning shortly after 11:00 am, a shooting at the Beauty 4 Forever salon left 6 people injured, including 2 who are in severe condition. Suspects have been detained for questioning and assistance in finding Asia Santrez. A video of a young woman named Asia Santrez being dragged behind a black van by six men wearing ski masks and all-black clothing is also going around. Nevertheless, the security camera on the structure was unable to capture a close-up image of the license plate. However, thanks to the salon owner who had recorded the entire incident that morning, we were able to retrieve a photo of the license plate and voice recordings of two of the males. In order for us to find these 6 individuals and bring Asia Santrez back safely, we kindly ask the public's help. The news has concluded for today. Thank you."

"You are tuning into the ENews!"

As I saw this news flash up on my screen, I was so shocked that I sprang up off the couch and hurried to the counter to collect my car keys. Who the fuck kidnapped Asia, and how the fuck did these people find her to take her in open daylight? I can't believe this crap.

Where are you going, Jason?" my older brother Carlos questioned.

"Did you not hear the news, Carl? They took strawberry" I said.

"You're lying, that can't be my berry." He answered.

'Watch ya mouth na, you telling me you never knew her real name was Asia?'

'We mostly go by stage names there man, I can't remember none of those chicks names. Bad thing is I couldn't even see her faces clearly in that video' He said relaxing on the chair without a care in the world.

Carlos works at the strip club where Asia stripped at and he so happened to be my brother by choice. We grew up together in the same neighborhood and shii. We became so close now nobody can't say that we aren't real brothers.

'I mean what you gonna do? You can't possibly think that you're gonna be able to find her or even if you did, you can't fight those men off. They look like real bad news'

'Who gives a fuck if they're real bad news Los?' I questioned

Carl knows me better than that; in order to keep things quiet, we recently quit operating our drug business and chose to relocate here. For the sake of a little cover, we dispersed all of our men around the nation. It's not a problem that some of us took on regular jobs as a cover.

"Jason, please refrain from trying to do anything foolish over a hoe. She's not worth it, believe me "He spoke

I stepped out of the house while sucking my teeth. With or without his help, I'm going to find Asia. I don't fully blame him for not wanting to return to this risky business of ours, but I need to pull myself together if I want to save Asia.

*

"Where's Ariel?" I asked as I stood on the front porch of Asia's apartment facing her babysitter Rose.

I watched her closely as her eyes moved around suspiciously around me and behind me. Like bitch I know you on to something.

"She's inside her room doing her homework" she responded

"Did you hear or watched the news today?" I asked

She shook her head no. I still felt as if I had no business being there really, but I just had to see Ariel to ensure that she's okay. She's so young and would not understand anything about her mother being kidnapped. This is gonna hurt her badly. And this Rose girl acting a little too suspicious to me, I just don't trust her.

"Well you should tune into it online. Asia is not coming home later tonight, she was kidnapped" I said

She made a shrieking sound and quickly brought her hands up to mouth in a shocking manner. "Say what??????? When did this happen? Who took her? What is going on?-

"Slow down, I don't know an answer to any of those questions but I'm about to make it my business to find her and whoever has her abducted." I reassured her.

She looked away slightly when I said that. Why is she acting like that? Does she not want Asia to be found?

"Call Ariel for me please, and don't tell her about her mom being kidnapped. Just tell her that she went on a little business trip for a few days but she'll be back soon" I said

"Ok" was all she said and then she walked further into the house to go and call Ariel.

Ariel came running towards me with a big smile on her face after a few seconds.

"Hiiii" she exclaimed

"Hi princess! How are you and how was school?" I questioned her

Rose stood back with her arms folded as she watched our conversation closely.

"School was good! Are here to see mommy? She's not home yet" she said excitedly.

"No I came by to hail, I'll be on my way now. I'll see you later when your momma is around" and with that I got up and walked back to my car.

My phone began to rang as soon as I got into my whip. "Yeah Hello?" I asked all mugged out.

"We have a lead Jay, we might be able to capture them. Do you know a man who goes by the name of Big Boss aka Mario?" says the receiver on the other end.

I sure damn know Mario fucking Skipping. He couldn't possibly have followed Asia all the way here as well, could he?