Chapter 4: The skeleton brothers

I was now in the outside, the snow made it kind of difficult to walk but I kept my pace up to a normal one. The snow was making crunched sounds under my shoes and except that, it was a soundless place.
The trees were high and I was still walking forward. I had the feeling that I was being followed so I turned around quickly but saw nothing...
I turned around and brushed the uneasy feeling off. I was now getting near a bridge but I heard a twig snag behind me.

???: Don't you know how to greet a stranger?

I kept my composure.

???: Turn around and shake my hand.

I slowly turned around and grabbed whoever's hand it was as it made a fart sound...

???: The old woopy cushion tricks, never gets old!

Y/n: Hehehe.... Who are you?

Sans: I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton.

Y/n: Y/n.

Sans : Hello. So? What brings you here?

Y/n: I don't know.... I've...lost my memory and I'm trying to figure out things....

Sans: Seems like a 'skele-ton' of work kiddo.

Y/n: Hehehe...I'm just gonna go.

Sans: Wait a second...

I stopped in my track an looked back at the skeleton.

Y/n: What?

Sans: Well...you see...my brother never saw a human before so...it would be nice if you could pretend that you are a lamp.

Y/n: Hmm hmmm...What?

Sans: Hide, he is coming.

A lamp comically spawned in front of me and I got behind it.
I saw another skeleton getting near. He was taller and was wearing some cool outfit.

???: SANS, YOU ARE BEING LAZY AGAIN! YOU SHOULD BE KEEPING YOUR PUZZLES CLEAN AND READY!

He was talking loudly.

Sans: I'm not being lazy and I've looked at it today. However, how do you like my knew lamp?

He quickly looked at my hidding spot and he looked back at Sans.

???: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR LAMPS! I HAVE PUZZLES AND SPAGUETTIES!
I GOING BACK AT MY PUZZLES AND UPGRADE THEM!!!

He left while jogging. I got out of the lamp and walked over to Sans.

Y/n: He is your brother?

Sans: Yup, the name's Papyrus.

Y/n: He seems nice... Childish but nice...

Sans: Yup again. He also is Gullible... He wants to be a royal guard but his happy-go-lucky personality makes me think that this could get him hurt...

Y/n: He talked about puzzles, what is it about?

Sans: Oh yeah... He likes to make puzzles but I never wanted to tell him that they are too easy...

Y/n: As long as he likes making them...

Sans: Yup...

We stoped talking for some time, gazing into space...

Sans: You should go kiddo, I'll see you later.

Y/n: Bye.

He walked in the opposite way from where he came but I didn't payed much attention.
I continued my way through the forest.

Timeskip ^_^:

After some walk, I happened to be next to a hotdog stand where... Sans was sleeping...how the heck did he got there?

Y/n: Hey Sans?

Sans: What is it kiddo?

Y/n: Well... You walked the opposite way from here last time I saw you but you got there before me...how?

Sans: Shortcuts.

Y/n: Oh....

PAPYRUS: SANS!!!

The voice was coming from the distance so I went to hide but a skeleton hand stopped me.

Sans: It will make his day if he saw a human.

I looked at him for a second.

Y/n: I understand.

I stood still. The other skeleton arrived and started to talk to Sans without noticing me.

PARYRUS: SANS, YOU DIDN'T EVEN...
WAIT...

He looked toward me.

PARYRUS: IS THAT A HUMAN?

He pointed near my position with his 'finger'

Sans: I'm pretty sure that it's a rock.

I looked beside me and of course, there was a rock.

PARYRUS: OH...

Sans: Papyrus, what's beside the rock?

He looked at me directly in the eyes while sliding his 'hand' on his 'chin' making a thinking motion.
Then, his 'eyes' widened.

PAPYRUS: IS THAT A HUMAN?

Sans: Yup.

PAPYRUS: WELL HUMAN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL CAPTURE YOU, BRING YOU TO KING ASGORE AND THEN....THEN....I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BUT I'LL BE FAMOUS AND LOVED BY ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I'LL BE CHOSEN TO BE A ROYAL GUARD NYEHEHEEE!!!!!

He ran of in the distance.

Y/n: Wasn't he supposed to capture me?

Sans: Well...he always wanted to try his puzzles so I think that he wants you to test them.

Y/n: ....Alright, I'll play along.

Sans: Thank you, you'll really make his day.

Y/n: No problem.

Sans: I don't know if this is asking to much but... Try to befriend with him, he might seem weird but...that's just paps.

Y/n: Dont worry about that, he seems nice to hang out with.

Sans: Yup. Remember, I'll have an 'eye-socket' on you.

Y/n: You like puns huh?

Sans: Yup, I find them 'hummerus'.

I chuckled a little bit.

Y/n: I'm on my way then.

Sans: See ya later kiddo.

I started to follow the path Papyrus left behind him.

A/n: Hello there human, I hope I didn't make you wait for too long for this one. I'm sorry, I have a lot of work but I'll manage somehow. Anyway, have a nice day, bye!