Chapter 30: The end

The town was in flame....

I could hear the agonizing screams of those who were doomed to die here....

I gritted my teeths as I started running toward the dying town, only to see it disappear...
I looked behind me, only to see that Sans and Gaster were as confused as me.

Y/n: What's happening???

Gaster: I underestimated her powers...

The world seemed to shift as the screams kept getting louder and louder, I had to put my hands over my ears to ease the pain.

Sans: Don't let you guard down kid!

I nodded and beared the pain, going back to a defensive stance.

Then, out of nowhere, we heard her, her voice seemed to be resonating everywhere.

Chara: What does it feel like? Not being able to do a single thing?

Y/n: Show yourself!!!

She loudly laughed, the world was becoming darker and darker at each seconds that passed The three of us got closer to avoid loosing each others.
I used the souls to make a barrier around us to keep us safe.
But nothing happened.

The screams had stopped and chara had stopped talking.

We could only hear our breathings.

Sans: What th-

There was a bright blinding flash that only lasted for a few seconds. When we opened our eyes, it looked like we were back in front of the town, but it was intact.

Sans: We.... We are back here?

Y/n: How is that possible? She destroyed it....

We felt the ground under our feets shaking. We I looked under my feets and saw a bright light seemingly coming toward me. I had just the time to dodge as a ray of light pierced the ground.

I looked over the two to see that they managed to dodge as well.
They both summoned three gaster blasters. Gasters looked slightly different from Sans'.
They also looked like they were pointing it at something, so I got up and turned toward the direction they were facing to see her.

Chara was in front of us once again.

Y/n: How did you do that?

She looked at me with that mad smile of hers, slightly chuckling.

Chara: What do you mean? You should look out for your friends tho?

My eyes widened, I looked toward sans and gaster to see them pointing their blasters at me. I stepped back.

Y/n: G-guys?

Chara: Poor thing, your friends are gonna kill you~

She started to laugh again, has she gained that much power?

Y/n: Guys, it's me, y/n!

Chara: Awww, that's too bad, they can't hear you~

I turned my head toward her.

Y/n: What did you do to them???

She chuckled.

Chara: Nothing much.... I just showed them what I wanted them to see

I looked back at them just as they were firing energy beams at me.
I ducked under some and dodged to the side for others.

I raised my soul barrier just in time to block bones that spiked out of the ground to impale me.
I kept my defense up with the barrier, protecting myself from their blasts and bones. But I knew staying like this for any longer wouldn't help me or them.
Suddenly, I was lifted off of the ground by Sans' magic, I tried to break free from his telekinetic powers but he restrained my movements. I had to find a solution to get away before it was too late.