Chapter3: The power of kindness

My soul got outside of my body in the shape of a red heart once again. Does that mean that....she really wants to keep me here?

Y/n: Please, let me pass!

Toriel: Got back to your room!

She threw fireballs at me. I dodged and looked at her.

Y/n: I cannot harm you...

Toriel: Attack or go back to your room!

Y/n: I can't...

She once again threw fireballs at me as I once again dodged.
I didn't act.

Toriel: You have to fight me!

She attacked again and I dodged.

Toriel: You have to prove your strength!

I dodged as fireballs came around. I then just stood there.

Toriel: Come on! React!

Y/n: No.

Toriel started once again to throw fireballs at me but only a few were on my way.

Toriel: Why....

She did the same.

Toriel: Attack or... Go back up there please...

She threw fireballs but all of them missed.

Toriel: ....

She wasn't attacking. She looked down.

Toriel: Pathetic.... Here I am trying and failing to save a single child...

Y/n: I won't die.

Toriel: But...out there, there are many soldiers waiting to slaughter you outside!

Y/n: Don't worry about that, I can dodge!

Toriel: Hehehe...I suppose that it's true...

She looked down again.

Toriel: Can you promise me something?

Y/n: Of course yes, what is it?

Toriel: Once you will be outside, please, don't come back here.

Y/n: But....

Toriel: Please! I don't want to be a burden in your path to regain your lost memory...

Y/n: You'll never be a burden, you are a nice person, why would you say that about yourself?

Toriel: Because... I already lost so many childs.... I don't want to feel guilty again...

Y/n: Like I said, I won't die, believe it!

She looked up and looked in my eyes while hers were teary. She looked like she was examining my soul.

Toriel: I believe in you.

She smiled.

Toriel: Then promise me something else.

I nodded.

Toriel: Be safe and....you can call me whenever you want to, I'll always be there for you my child.

I smiled back.

Y/n: Dont worry about it, I'll call you from time to time!

She got closer and tightly hugged me. I felt my shoulder get a little bit wet. I guess that something's tourmenting her... Is it because of her losses?

We separated and she still held my shoulders while looking at me straight in the eyes.

Toriel: Be safe!

I smiled at her as I went over to the door.

Y/n: See you later...

I opened the door.

Y/n: Take care goat mom!

She waved at me as I did and then I closed the door behind me. I was now in a snowy area... Lots of trees making some sort or predefined path. I wish I could've stayed with her but... I really need to know what happened because... It all seems so familiar....