When we reached the principal's office—which was also empty, the guy rummaged throughout the drawers in the room and gave me a folded piece of paper that's suppose to contain information about Kayano's whereabouts.

"Thanks." After accepting it, I didn't open the folded paper but only stared at it as I was starting to doubt things.

Why would he easily give it to me?

"So, do you need something back?" I asked him.

"Hm? Oh, I'm not costing that information. You can take it for free." He said.

Wow, he's so generous.

"Go on! You can leave now." Then he said.

"Thank you very much." After bowing to offer my gratitude, I turned around and reached for the door.

But to my surprise, the door didn't budge an inch. I don't recall locking it, but it was really locked that I can't open it.

"Hey, why is the door lo—?!!"

But then all of a sudden, I felt something passed through my stomach. It pierced through my body and I was immediately feeling tremendous pain.

When I slowly looked down to take a look, it seemed like a dark-looking branch of a tree that impaled through my stomach, and blood quickly rushed out at each hole of my body.

"What... the hell... is this??" My voice was creaking and I was quickly losing consciousness because of the large amount of loss of blood.

"Oh great... I was ordered that I should take you alive. But what happened is what happened. Surely the boss will forgive me for defying a small favor." I heard the guy said this as he walked near me.

With a little amount of strength, I tried to turn my head to take a look of the guy, and when I finally got a glimpse of him, he wasn't human anymore. His voice was also becoming nonhuman, and I was really shocked.

There were weird looking things coming out from his back, and that was when I realized that those were the same tentacles as before.

I found out that he was a tentacle user, but it was too late for me. I was caught. Now, I'm probably going to die.

"Farewell, Shiota-sensei." then he used another tentacle and used it to finish me off in an instant.

——————————————————

Arghh!!?

But all of a sudden, I woke up from all of it. I thought that I was dead, but instead, I found myself in my own room.

I checked the time and date on my alarm clock resting next to my bed, and I realized that I was just having a nightmare.

I was completely clueless about that dream. But because of that, I was panting heavily and was sweating rapidly.

"Nagisa?! What's wrong??" Breaking the atmosphere of astonishment, mom worriedly enters the room.

She probably heard me shout when I woke up, so I guess I have to reassure her that I was just having some strange nightmares.

———————————————————

"I'm heading out, mom!" I yelled before going outside our apartment and made my way downstairs.

I rushed towards the nearest train station and fortunately made it to board on one.

While I remained standing due to the seats being full and held on to something hanging above the ceiling, I watched over a window and saw the view outside.