The Evil That Men Do (Chapter Twenty Two)

"I can't say I've had the pleasure of meeting you sir." I was trying to think quickly, Belinda said they took Elizabeth to take them to Bevan. Which meant they were somewhere in the west wing. I need to take care of this man first least he hurts anyone.

"Jon, at your service fair one."

Giving a mock bow, he was facing me fully, the people we untied were behind me, Mildred a little to my left at my side, Adam was to my right and almost behind Jon and very much looking like he was about to do something. I kept my eyes on Jon and tried to make him keep his on me, looking from the corner of my eyes Mildred stood where she was and Adam kept moving.

"Why didn't you just take what you want and leave, why do you want him dead?"

"Well pretty one, we wanted to do just that, but that pale fool insisted. Also it is a bit... suspicious that he is just letting us rob him without a fight, what if he comes after us...?"

Adam was about to draw his long bow now I was trying my best to not look at him directly. Before Adam could release his arrow Jon spun with a speed and threw a knife at an angle with a preciseness that scared the light out of me. "Wossssshhh!" the knife moved like lightening and sliced Adam's bow string and truck the bow horizontally and got stuck in it. The impact made both long bow and arrow fall out of Adam's hands.

"Try that again and the next knife I throw will end up in your heart."

I acted quickly seeing an opening, removing the gun from the strap on my thigh "oomph" I struck him on the head with the gun and he went down quietly. "Tie him up at once, the rest of you find what you can to protect yourselves."

I started for the west wing, Adam and Mildred followed suit. I entered the enormous space of his living quarters with both Mildred and Adam at my heels the voices coming from inside his bedroom made us slow our steps.

"Get up and fight!

"Thud!" It sounded like a sack filled with stone was kicked hard.

"Why won't you lift a finger?! You think yourself better than I?!"

"Thud!" Without a doubt that was Gabriel's voice I was hearing and he was hurting him. Liquid hot rage started was flowing through my veins now so hot that I started to see red. How dare he? My legs started moving with purpose of their own accord towards the sound of Gabriel's voice, I was going to kill him I have never been so sure of anything in my life!

We entered the bedroom and found two men that looked like they were twins, Elizabeth stood between them and they both had shotguns in their left hands and held Elizabeth's arms with their right. A lanky mean looking tall man stood to the side of Gabriel who was in the middle of the large room with a bored look on his face.

"Kill him already will you; must you go on wasting our time?"

There he lay on the floor him almost look lifeless, broken, like he had abandoned all hope. Like they could not possibly do anything worse to him, there was no light in his eyes. The sight of him made my blood boil with rage, "How dare you..." I sneered moving forward, forgetting I had a gun in my hand.

The men that looked like twins pointed their guns at me reminded me that I had a weapon in my hand and a very murderous look in my eyes.

"Bella?" both Bevan and Gabriel said in unison they both looked very startled to see me. Bevan's surprised face looked like he could not believe it was me, while Gabriel looked horrified like he really wish I wasn't there but he recovered quickly.

"My love, you should not be here" I have never seen Gabriel look this serious ever; my response had a lot of venom in it

"Your love? Do you even know what love is?". "What do you really hope to achieve here today Gabriel?"