Little Girls In The Dark(Chapter Six)

The growl like roar that scared the pack if wolves away did not make me fully appreciate that I was gloriously alive, no.
It reminded me that I had a gun, slowly getting up to my feet I removed the gun and held it firmly in my hand. Sending a prayer up to gods and whoever was listening, I waited where I was for whatever it was that scared the wolves.
Because I could hear heavyset footsteps now and they were definitely headed for me.

Moments later my anticipation was rewarded. A dark form emerged from the night, a dark form with very striking amber eyes that captured me. I was so lost in those eyes that I didn't notice they were moving towards me.

I looked deep into those dark amber eyes and they looked almost human, had an air of curiosity about them even. They must mirror my own eyes.
The atmosphere was filled dread, fear and a quiet resolve as if it is as it should be.

Those eyes regarding me curiously also had wariness in them. As if I was strange for just existing. This made me look to the other features that surrounded those eyes, a hairy face, a nose almost Wolf like, big pointy ears and...were those horns?

I should be afraid right? But in that instance I too regarded him as being strange for just existing, I mean he looked like something right out of a fairy tale. Certainly not Prince charming no, look at him.

I presume it's a he because he is dressed in trousers 3or4 sizes to small for him and a shirt also was too small for his large frame almost completely unbuttoned and some kind of cloak hanging behind him. And that "the world is mine for taking because I am" air about him I chalked up as masculinity.
Made me concluded this was a male.

He would definitely be the villain and I the idiot that wondered into an unknown part of a dark forest and got eaten. Did I mention he has fangs? Teeth that were definitely made for tearing.

But I still wasn't afraid no, I had questions. Where was he from, what exactly is he, how and why does he exist. My curiosity turned into amazement as I studied him.
"What are you...?" We both said at the same time. Mine a soft whisper. His a very deep rumble.

It...speaks...?
"Why are you not afraid of me?"
"What...?"
"Why do you not run? Are you not afraid?"
There was almost wonder in his voice.
"Well I am afraid you might eat me but you don't seem as hungry as the wolves that were chasing me."
"Or did you just save my life to take it yourself?"
"Who knows...?" Didn't your mother warn you about wondering into a forest at night?"

"Bad things happen to little helpless girls in the dark of the night..."
Did he just imply that I could not take care of myself?!
And he almost, just for a moment there he sounded amused.
Is he laughing at me?

Well i do wish that my mother was still alive.
Oh but he didn't have to sound so condescending! And there was nothing amusing about this situation!
"I can take care of myself just fine, thank you very much!" I said through gritted teeth my anger appearing from nowhere.

As he spoke he moved closer and was inches away from me now.
What was wrong with me? I was more worried about a vicious monster's condescending tone than his ability to tear me into tiny ribbons.
His hands had vicious claw like fingers.
Did I really believe he would not hurt me?

As if he could see I was still trying to decide to be afraid of him or not. He snared at me showing his vicious teeth. I have never seen a sight so frightening in my life.
Instinctively I pointed my gun at him and unlike Gabriel, he didn't flinch. It was as if I was pointing a stick at him, an annoying little stick that increased his irritation.

Then abruptly he made that roar like growling sound and this close it was the scariest sound I have ever heard.
It startled me into a backwards jump and I mistakenly fired my gun, the bullet hit him in the shoulder.
This made him grunt in pain and I was horrified, I shot him!

I stepped backwards very quickly and because I was not aware of where I was stepping I stumbled on a tree stump and fell backwards.
I fell and my head made contact with something that felt as hard as a rock.
Agonizing pain shot through my head and instantly everything went very dark.

My last thought before I completely surrendered to the darkness was;
I really didn't think any of this through.

***
A/N:
Hi guys! Thanks for reading.💟
I will be writing shorter chapters and updates will be slow but they will not seize. No not at all! I just have a lot of school work now. And I'm currently working on an EP.
Later y'all!