Security - Kol

You and Kol are dating but because you are royal you can't ever be alone

You met Kol about 5 months a go on a visit to America, you were trying to escape from your security to have some peace and quiet by yourself. You ran into a bar and that's when you bumped into Kol. He was a perfect gentleman and you connected right away. But your security came in so you gave him the number to your personal phone and told him to text you. Which turned into calls whenever you had free time. But you knew you had to go back to England, so he said that you would see him soon. Which he meant because he moved to England. So you started dating, in secret.

You and Kol were very happy together and always took whatever time you had and made the most of it. But your life has become even busier and you have less and less time to spend with him. Especially when you were the next heir to the throne. And your parents had increased security so you were under 24/7 surveillance. Which was starting to get on Kols' nerves.

You and Kol were currently dining in a small Italian restaurant which you called a head to make sure you booked a private room.
"The kids were so grateful and lovely. It was so amazing to all the volunteers and all of the donations made by the public helping the kids feel at home. They deserve so much and I am so happy knowing that all the donations go to the kids and goes towards making there lives better" you say finishing your story and Kol is smiling looking at his food
"Enough about me, how was your day?" You say
"It was good, I finally finished furnishing my apartment. Maybe you can come over after?" He says reaching and holding your hand. You go to speak but notice your security reach into there pockets and stepping towards you. You hold a hand up telling them to relax and Kol let's go off your hand with a sigh
"So I can't touch my own girlfriend now?" He says clearly annoyed
"Kol"
"Y/n, I want to be able to go somewhere without having to be followed by security. Having to be in separate cars, only being able to see you once every two weeks for about two hours" he says downing his drink.
"Can you give me five minutes please?" You say to your head of security. He goes to protest but you say
"Go wait in the car now!" He nods
"Yes your highness" and they all leave the room leaving you with Kol

"Kol, you have to understand. I am next in line for the throne, I am part of the royal family. I have constant target on my back and it is my duty to look out for the people in this country and do the best that I can to ensure the people are safe and in order to do that I need to be alive. They are under the order of the King and Queen, they have vowed to protect me with their life's. People have died in order to keep me safe. I don't like not being able to be alone, being constantly tales by armed men and women but it's my life, I was born into it and I have to deal with it. I know you want o be the alpha male and to be the one to protect me but that isn't your job.Plus do you know how much I have had to fight with my parents for them to let me be with you. They are constantly sending be suitors and I turned then down because I love you. I am sacrificing to be with for you why can't you do the same?"

You take a breath and he goes to speak but you take both of his hands in your
"Please, let me speak" he nods
"Kol, I love you. I know this is not the best time to say it but I do. Every spare minute I have in my day, I don't take for myself to relax or take a breath, I phone you. I text you I want to spend time with you. Every waking hour when I am not doing my duty I am thinking of you and how much I care for you. I don't mean that to sound negative but I want you to know how much I care for you. But I don't think you realise how much of my life is planned, my duty and my life is devoted to my country and sometimes I don't even get a day to relax. You don't know how many nights I wish I was with you, alone but that can't happen. Just yet. The security are always going to be there. Because that's their job." He stares at you for a moment, opens his mouth to say anything but nothing comes out.

You tame your hand away and stand up
"I know how much this hurts you Kol, but that's they way it is. Call me if you can handle this life. But until then, this has to be goodbye." You kiss him on the check tears streaming down your face. Then you head toward the door and into your car, back to the palace. Leaving Kol there not knowing what to do.

 Leaving Kol there not knowing what to do