Chapter 41 A Promise I Make

Start from the beginning

“Oh, but I already love you dude.” Seth said in his little girly voice. He came into the kitchen just then and slapped me hard on the back. Cate giggled. At least she is having fun. If she doesn’t tell me what is bothering her, I have to ask tonight. I don’t want her worrying over anything.

As usual, Seth and Liam entertained us with their antics. Seth made his delicious brewed coffee as we relaxed and talked by the balcony. The city lights and the stars above seem to mingle to enliven the night. The sound of speeding cars and honking horns, the clattering of shoes of the people walking by and the chatter from seven storeys below add more details in the memory of this night.

I love hearing the sound of Cate’s laughter above all else. She is sitting on my lap and is running her fingers through my hair absentmindedly as she listened to one of Liam’s funny anecdotes. He was telling her about his misadventures when he was an exchange student in Germany for three months. He always ended up ordering the wrong food because he mispronounced how it is called or how he would lose his way because he boarded the wrong train. He coupled that with his animated face. My girl is extremely entertained.

They left just after midnight when they received a call from Edward and Mitch to meet up at a bar. “Why don’t you go with them, Cranky?” She prodded.

I shook my head vehemently to signify my disapproval. “Why do you want to get rid of me?” I frowned. Is she serious? I don’t want to hang out with the boys and cruise the bar scene. I want to stay here with her.

“You have not gone out with them.” She said matter-of-factly, tilting her head to the side. “Go get drunk. I will be waiting for you here.” She waggled her eyebrow and grinned mischievously.

“Why would I go out with them? They aren’t my girlfriend.” I smirked and teased her. She giggled and I grabbed her by her waist, taking her with me as I walked the boys out the door. “Go and get laid.” I solemnly advised Seth. He sighed and asked me to wish him luck. “Good luck, dude.” I clapped his back.

“Good luck, boys.” Cate joined in the teasing. “Be safe.” She grinned at them and waved goodbye. I pulled her in for a kiss as soon as I shut the door. I have been longing to kiss her and hold her like this since I picked her up from school.  I couldn’t really do much with my friends around. She opened her mouth and met my tongue, moaning at the back of her throat. Damn, that sounds sexy!

I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist like she usually does. I set her on the counter, not breaking the kiss. “I love you, babe.” I whispered as I kissed her jawline down to her neck. I pulled her closer to me. She looks so hot in her dress. I could climax just by looking at her. I bet she would look hotter when she is out of this dress.

She smirked, wrapped her arms tightly around me and tangled her fingers to my hair. She blew on my ear and sighed. “I know what you are thinking.” She bit her lower lip and looked at me from beneath her lashes. I grinned and stood between her legs. I tucked her stray hair behind her ear and leaned in to kiss her. She teased me by moving her face away from my reach. I ended up just kissing air. “Babe…” I started to complain.

She giggled and pulled me in for a kiss. “I love you so much, Captain Cranky.” She said with a smile when she let me go. I held her beautiful face and stared into her mesmerizing blue eyes. I love this girl more than I love myself.

I leaned in again to kiss her. She did not move this time. She allowed me to kiss her, wrapping her arms around me. It is funny how I feel nervous kissing her even if I have kissed her countless times, starting from when we were kids. My whole world revolves around her. She is the center of my universe. My sun. My source of life.