Chapter 23: "The staff isn't...real?"

Start from the beginning

She looked down at her wrists as she felt something against her skin. She saw the rope which bound both her wrist and feet together. She tried to loosen the ropes. But the more she struggled, the tighter the ropes seemed to get. She gave up after five minutes of burning her wrists.

Meanwhile, Royal Moon checked on the staff after a few minutes had passed. She saw that the staff broke in half where she had put the herbs. She found a symbol carved into the inside of the white material. She grabbed the staff and ran to Filthy Rich.

"Mr. Rich, I believe you have been duped," said Royal Moon, she showed Filthy Rich the symbol.

Filthy Rich grabbed the broken staff replica. He saw the symbol that was engraved into it. He recognized it immediately. He looked the window. He saw that Sunset was awake and alert.

"She knew that Flim and Flam made this replica. She knew along!" shouted Filthy Rich, he threw the replica on the ground.

Royal Moon watched as Filthy Rich stomped out of her house. She picked up the broken replica. She admired the craftsmanship of the staff. She was amazed that someone could make such a convincing replica. She threw the replica into the trash after examining it.

Suddenly, Sunset looked up as she heard footsteps approaching her. She saw Filthy Rich's angry expression as it bore down on her. She figured that he knew now that he had a replica of the staff. She felt his hand grab her shirt. She struggled as the collar of her shirt pressed against her neck.

"You knew that staff was fake, didn't you?" shouted Filthy Rich.

Sunset tugged at her shirt, fighting against the rope on wrists. She finally gave up after a few minutes.

"Didn't you?!" shouted Filthy Rich, pulling Sunset's shirt tighter when she didn't respond.

Sunset managed to nod slightly. Immediately, the grip on her shirt was gone. She finally could breathe properly again. She rubbed her neck as she watched Filthy Rich pace back and forth. She saw a menacing look in Filthy Rich's eyes. She could tell that he was going to lose it.

Filthy Rich clenched his fists tightly. So tight that his knuckles were white. He paced back and forth, trying to see how he could make Sunset pay. He thought about starving her. But he decided that was too weak for her.

Sunset sat still, her eyes watching Filthy Rich's expression. She saw a maniacal smile spread across his face. She felt her stomach churn as she awaited his response.

"Sunset, I think it's time I show you that basement in the farmhouse. I have some things I would like to show you in my lovely basement," said Filthy Rich.

Sunset felt the truck shake as Filthy Rich slammed the door. She had to brace herself against the side of the truck as it sped off.

Royal Moon watched as Filthy Rich drove off. She waited until his truck was out of her sight. She ran to her car, careful to not alert Filthy Rich to her destination. She wasn't too fond of his super hearing and sight. She turned her car's engine on and drove off to Starlight's house.

Sunset stayed hidden from sight, not wanting to attract any attention to her situation. She knew that anyone who tried to help would only end up dead. But that didn't stop one person.

A girl pulled Filthy Rich over, asking him several questions. She could tell the girl was asking about why she was tied up. She listened to the conversation. She heard Filthy Rich sigh.

"Well, ma'am, I believe you are today's choice for my meal," said Filthy Rich.

Sunset peeked over the side of the truck. She saw Filthy Rich's fangs extend as the look of fear flashed across the girl's face. She covered her mouth in disgust. She knew what the girl's fate was going to be. She ducked back down, not wanting to watch what was to happen next.