Eight

Leaving your demons behind, can be like trading your soul to the devil.

-----------------

Alayna's POV

I looked at Steve curiously laced with confusion.

"Sure what is it? Why would I be mad? Unless you hurt my mom then your dead."

Steve chuckled smiling slightly.

"No, no. Nothing to do with you mother. There is this student that is absolutely failing in art. And you major in art so..". Steve trailed off looking at me nervously.

"So you want me to like to tutor them right?" I finished for Steve smiling slightly.

Steve nodded but continued to talk. "Correct but that student is one of those guys I was telling you that were part of the bad group."

My heart started beating faster and I seemed to be frozen. All I kept thinking was, please don't be Harry, please don't be Harry, please don't be Harry.

"It's Liam Payne. If you don't wanna do it then that's fine-"

"No it's fine I'll do it. We can start tomorrow if that's fine." Steve nodded a grateful smile on his face.

I had never felt so relieved before but when I saw Steve was going to thank me I started to speak. "And you don't have thank me, really it's fine. And I get to deal more with art it's great no need to fuss over it."

Steve nodded and walked out of the room. My phone buzzed and I saw text saying goodnight from my brother.

Knowing that whenever he sends a goodnight text that he falls asleep right after I didn't bother replying.

Instead I just put my headphones into my phone and shut my eyes. That's when I actually figured how truly exhausted I was. My eyes were stinging a bit when I closed them due to them being opened all day.

The next morning I woke up to light knocking on my door which was odd cause it was Saturday. Grumbling under my breathe I groggily removed myself from my bed and to the door.

Swinging it open, it revealed my mom in her pajamas. "Yeah mom?".

"Hun Liam's going to be here in a few. Me and Steve are going out to breakfast, so you'll be here by yourself with Liam. Do you want anything?". I shook my head to tired to talk.

When my mom left,after asking me constantly if I needed anything, I took a quick shower pulling on some sweats and tank top.

I ate some cereal, watched tv, did anything you could think of. When boredom became to much I started setting up the things I would need for Liam and I to work with.

Around five minutes later I heard the doorbell ring and I let out an annoyed sigh, cause I had just gotten in a comfortable position on the couch. I slowly dragged my body off the couch and to the door.

Liam stood there with a smile on his face to which I greeted him back with one.

"Come on, we'll get started. I would give you a tour but I'm to lazy to do so.." Liam chuckled entering the house following me to the living room.

"Alright so you don't know anything about art." I questioned whilst Liam shook his head. "Nothing at all I'm absolute rubbish at it." A chuckle passed my lips as Liam talked.

"Alrighty then let's start with the simple steps.."

-•-

Liam and I were doing great...until he got bored and decided it would be fun to put spray paint into my clothes. So that's how we needed up outside spraying each other with washable spray Paint. Some people even stopped to tell us we were a cute couple, to which we laughed at. Liam wasn't actually that bad. Despite his looks and reputation he was actually pretty cool.

Right now we were currently in the house after spraying each other off with the hose. Steve and my mom had came in the house greeting us with smiles. And when they asked us why our hair was wet we told her everything. I knew she wouldn't be mad cause me and my brother had practically almost burned down the kitchen in our old house just last year.

When Liam had left I didn't really do much. I had given Liam my number and when I walked in my room my phone began to ring. Liam's name flashed across it. "Hey Liam".

"Hey Alayna. I forgot to ask you, Louis is throwing a party tomorrow. And erm do you want to come?" I mentally cursed myself because I hate saying no to someone. "Uh...sure...text me about it.". Once Liam hung up I threw my phone in my bed. I know my mom would say yes, cause she still thinks I'm mad at her for coming to London. I bit my lip lost in thought. Why did I agree? I'm so stupid. And if Abby knew that I said yes I would be slaughtered.

And I've only been to a few parties with my brother and my ex-boyfriend. I sighed rubbing my face deciding that I should probably talk to my mom about it.

Yeah I'll do that later.