CHAPTER 49 (last chapter)

Dharani's POV:

So I ran into my room and opened my diary. Sure we didn't have any such tradition in Mitra but I did write the qualities I want in my future husband in my diary. I began reading it to check if Arjun fits into my description.

1. Should be nice to kids.

2. Both of us should be able to balance each other.

3.Should respect me.

4.Should always be honest with me.

5. Should have a unique personality.

Voila! He fits into all of them and if I were to look at things from the beginning. I unconsciously started falling for him as I realized these qualities being shown up in him one by one. I think matches are indeed made in heaven. Anyway, at the end of my points, I surprisingly found another text in my mom's handwriting.

"Sweety, do you really think I would get you married to someone you don't like. I agreed for the marriage because I read this dairy and I at once knew Arjun would be your perfect match. You are my precious diamond honey. I would never do anything that would trouble you. Love, Mom."

A smile erupted my face but quickly disappeared as Arjun snatched the book from me.

"Give it to me," I shouted but he was stubborn and read it till the end after which he smiled grabbed my hand, looked into my eyes and started talking.

"You know, I actually took training from Deepak and was about to propose you in a romantic way but all this happened and I don't remember a single word of what I have prepared," he said.

"Anyway," he added, "We are married so there is no point in asking you if you wish to marry me. So let me just ask you will you accept me as your husband from the bottom of your heart."

I smiled and nodded and he pulled me closer by grabbing my waist. He was about to kiss me but stopped midway.

"Can I...I mean...Can I kiss you?" he asked.

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. I raised my toes and kissed him.

"Yes you can," I answered.

5 years later:

Priya had a baby boy and they named him Rahul. Dharani and Arjun had a son as well and he was named Mian taking the first two letters from both their kingdoms. Sonu grew up to be the army general and amma joined the army as well and was appointed as the president the women welfare department to save women from abusive husbands. Deepak started a department of his own that would protect men. Arjun often teases Priya and Dharani by saying that a Mitra wife would definitely send her husband to prison at least once. Chutki's dad was released and was offered a position according to his education. Manoj uncle started admiring Dharani and Arjun for their kind heart. Chutki took amma as an inspiration and decided to pursue a career in the army. Dharani's friend who was imprisoned by Arjun decided that she is better off not living with her abusive husband and started to volunteer for the women welfare department. However, she makes it a point to tie a rakhi on Arjun's hand every year much to Dharani's surprise. Arjun realized that his anger might have been fatal to his brother and that very thought made him control his anger. Dev became a great warrior and is declared the crown prince of Mitra. Tinku is happy with his new family but made it a point to visit Arjun and Deepak at least once a week. However, he has no interest in the kingdom and so king Indra merged Anjan into Minjan. Minjan still doesn't have a king, only Dharani, and Arjun as it's representatives. To conclude, they all lived happily ever after.

*** THE END ***

*** Entagled - by love teaser ***

"You are looking extremely beautiful, your highness," said one of the women as she arranged my maang tika."I am sure the young king will not be able to take his eyes off of you," said another."Hide your face for as long as you can," suggested another, "Do not give him the joy of admiring your beauty so easily."I smiled and looked away. My best friend, Meihu who was also assigned to be my lead helper placed her hand on my shoulder. I looked up and she lifted her eyebrows asking me what happened.I shook my head replying nothing but my eyes didn't do a good job lying and I could see the questioning look on her face. Meihu wanted to ask me more questions but a messenger at the door interrupted us."Your highness," he respectfully bowed to me before speaking. "King Adinath is expected to visit in a few more minutes."Panic ensued the moment the messenger finished his statement. All the ladies hurried with their work. One of them adjusting my hair, one adjusting the part of the saree that covered my head and face, one putting on the ornaments, and one adjusting the powder on my face.Within minutes, I was completely ready. To see the king for the first time, to consummate my marriage, to be the Queen!As they made me sit in the middle of the bed decorated with roses and adjusted my saree to form a circle around me, my past ran infront of my eyes.Less than 24 hours ago, I was standing on the banks of river ganga, ready to end my life and now I am the Queen and not just any queen, the queen of the nine kingdoms.Wife of the notorious king Adinath!The man who never lost a battle!The man who never spared an enemy!The man who never smiled!People call him the God of death that one should never wish to see, because most likely that would be the last thing they would see.Perhaps I would be an expection, perhaps not!My mind wishes for the later.

*** *** ***

If you are interested in this book, please find it in my profile under the "Royal love series" reading list.

Thank you :)