CHAPTER 44

Dharani's POV:

Prince Arjun why did you arrest us?" Priya asked the moment we stepped into her room. "We didn't do anything. Dharani please say something," she added.

"Listen Priya," I said placing my hands on her shoulder, "Deepak's father was a spy and he had kidnapped Arjun's brother 12 years ago. Now it is important that we find him and I need your help in this."

Priya was slightly taken aback.

"But it's Deepak's father, right. Why arrest Deepak?" 

"Because we suspect Deepak and I would actually kill him if anything were to happen to my brother," Arjun said in a firm voice and tears rolled down Priya's eyes. 

"Arjun please, "I stopped him.

"Alright," Arjun said rolling his eyes, "Ask your friend about Rahul uncle."

I asked Priya if she knew anything about her father in law and her answer surprised me. Apparently turns out that Deepak's mother told her the same version which she told to all of us. However, the twist is that Deepak told her the truth on the very first day after their marriage. That they were from Luna and they migrated for some unknown reason and that his father was never with them. Instead, he made frequent visits and that he had died for some unknown reason.

"Why didn't you tell me all this before?" was my immediate reaction.

"I wanted to...but again Deepak told me the truth because he trusted me and I thought my mother in law might be arrested for lying and...."

"Well done," Arjun interrupted her, "Congratulations for complicating things. Now the entire family is behind bars and believe it or not your mother in law is responsible for all this."

"Arjun can you please go out," I told him in an attempt to stop his ranting. I mean I understand his emotion but Priya is the one who could help us and constantly reminding her that her family is arrested is of no use.

Arjun rolled his eyes and stormed out of the door and a sudden memory struck me.

"Priya why is Tinku not attached to his mother," I asked, "Did something happen between them?"

"I don't know," Priya said wiping her tears, "Maybe because mother in law always scolded him whenever he asked about his father."

"Oh," I nodded. "Take care, Priya and don't worry everything will be fine," I said as I walked out of the room. I met Arjun outside the room.

"She doesn't know any damn thing," Arjun said the moment he saw me, "Deepak's mother is the real culprit."

Exactly," I said nodding my head, "What's the point in mentally traumatizing her then?"

"I don't know," Arjun said as he looked away.

"You are weird Arjun," I said, "one moment you care for her and the next moment you traumatize her and then you say she doesn't know anything. For god sake stick to something and stop driving me crazy."

"I am frustrated," Arjun said looking at me. "What shall I do? My heart wants to trust her but my experience will not let me do that. It's the same with Deepak. I just don't want to make a fool out of myself again and all this is just too stressful. And Deepak's mom, god knows what's going on in her head. She is clearly lying. Trust me. let us end all this and not waste time. Let us assume Deepak's mom is the main villain and let us just get the truth out of her by hook or crook."

"But Arjun Deepak might be..." I tried convincing him as I realized what he is up to. He is going to beat Deepak and blackmail his mother.

"Please support me in this," Arjun said joining his hands. "I've never been so desperate and you know that. This is for my family. Please say yes."

I was hesitant. I want to know the truth as well but Deepak. I don't think he deserves all this.

"Please," Arjun said again.

"Promise me you won't do any permanent damage and will hurt him only superficially in a way that he could be back to normal in 24 hours," I asked with a heavy heart.

"I promise," Arjun said and he left. 

The next day I heard some screams from Deepak's prison and my heart sank with guilt. I immediately rushed towards the prison and found Deepak. Thankfully Arjun kept his promise. I mean yes, Deepak was hurt and yes I could never forgive myself for that but all his wounds are superficial. He would easily recover and surprisingly Arjun is feeling sad too. I noticed him help Deepak walk and whisper a sorry in his ears. I could sense the emotional dilemma Arjun is going through.

"I don't want to do this buddy," he said, "but as of now I am selfish and I need to find my brother at any cost. I will make sure that you will recover soon but I will also make sure that I kill you if I find that you have anything to do with hiding your father."

That was surprising. His apology and his warning weren't expected. At least not side by side.

"I don't have anything to do with my father, sir," Deepak said.

"Call me Arjun, " Arjun corrected.

"You will find your brother, Arjun," Deepak said, "My mom is stubborn but not bad. She will help you."

"Hopefully," Arjun said as he put up a weak smile, "and Deepak thank you so much. Please don't betray me like your father. I am not strong enough to take it again and neither will you be alive for your family."

I just stood there confused about what I should do. Feel happy that they are friends again and Arjun had somehow developed trust on Deepak after hurting him. Feel sorry for what Deepak went through and is going through or feel sad for Arjun who is in a constant dilemma about what he should be doing or feel guilty for letting Arjun hurt Deepak when I could have clearly stopped him.

(Hey guys, thank you so much for making it till here. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 17 January 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)