CHAPTER 24

Dharani's POV (continued):

"This is so beautiful," Arjun said as he admired the flower, "but there are too many thorns below it."

Call me crazy but I kind of felt that he was giving me a message in some cryptic way where the rose represents our love and the thorns represent the differences we have while the plant as a whole represents our lives.

"Maybe that's what makes it difficult for someone to detach the rose from the plant. It is not necessarily a bad thing," I said joining the game.

"I am scared Dharani," Arjun said, "scared that the rose might fall off after a few days while the thorns remain." So was I.

"A new rose will blossom as long as the plant stays alive, " I said. Arjun smiled looking at me and I smiled back. Meanwhile, Dev called us from behind.

"Dharani, Arjun Acharya is back and he wants to meet you both. He is in the interrogation room in the prison right now. There was someone else with him." he said bringing us back from our love world.

Interrogation room (Dharani's POV):

"Arjun, before I say something I want you to promise me that you will stay calm," Acharya said looking at Arjun. Arjun looked helpless. He wasn't willing to make such promises.

"I'll try my best, Acharya," he said.

"I need a promise," Acharya insisted. Arjun remained silent and I can understand that. He is a man of word and he would never give promises that he clearly cannot fulfill.

Acharya understood it as well, so he locked the room where the other person was kept.

"At least don't break open the door," he said and continued talking, "That man inside had kidnapped a child from....."

Acharya didn't even finish his sentence and Arjun was already at the door trying to break open it which he did within seconds and the next thing he did was to pull his sword out and try killing the culprit. Thankfully I was fast enough to stop him. I was expecting all this and so I am prepared for this. 

However what I wasn't expecting are Arjun's tears. His eyes were literally full of tears all the while though he tried his best not to show them. What was it in this case that made Arjun cry? Is it the child kidnap part? Does Arjun's past have something to do with kidnapping? Who was kidnapped? I wanted to ask him all these questions but I remembered what he told me. He would tell me when the time comes.

Anyway, I bought him outside and Acharya was standing there completely annoyed by what Arjun did.

"Arjun what's wrong with you?" he asked in a commanding voice, "We wouldn't get any information about the child if we kill him."

"I didn't think about it Acharya," Arjun said looking down, "It was my mistake and my apologies for that."

"You shall be punished for this," Acharya said and I tried defending Arjun but Arjun interrupted me before I could say anything.

"I should be punished Acharya," Arjun said, "Just tell me what I should do." 

Arjun seriously? What's wrong with you? Like you punish others make sense? Why do you punish yourself, especially when what you have done is involuntary? Even Acharya was stunned for a while. In fact, all his anger disappeared into the air and he literally started empathizing with Arjun. Accepting your mistakes does help sort things out.

"Stay awake all night, son in the corridor. Hopefully, the beautiful night view might cool you down" he said in a calm tone and walked away. Thank god. That was an easy one, especially for Arjun.

Later that night (After all the training is done):

Arjun's POV:

I sat in the corridor with my drawing kit and tried to paint the stars on the paper in front of me. Suddenly Dharani came and sat beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "Don't trouble yourself. Go back to your room now."

As I've said before I don't want Dharani to be sympathetic towards me.

"Listen Mr. Enemy," Dharani said stopping me, "I am not here for you. I am here because I wanted to see the night sky and no I don't pity you cause you yourself asked for it. You didn't even let me defend you and just so that you know I have every right to come here."

I gave her an angry look and looked away but deep down I was smiling. I am happy that he doesn't pity me and was rightfully angry at me for not letting her defend me. Yet she came here to accompany me without me even asking for it. I think that's what love does. You need not ask for anything, your loved ones would do it for you, even if they are mad at you.

We talked for a while about all sorts of random stuff.  She asked me if she could try painting and I happily agreed. I tried painting the entire night sky while she drew a white circle and claimed it was the moon and argued so much that I had to agree it was the moon. Dharani acts like a kid sometimes sorry sorry not sometimes, always.

After a few hours, I finished my painting and turned towards her to show my painting but she was deep asleep. She slept like a baby resting her head on my shoulder and putting her hands between my shoulder and her head. Such an elegant beauty she is. There is a beauty even in her sleeping posture. I still had four hours to go. Honestly, there was no one watching me. I could fall asleep and no one would even know. But there is a reason Acharya never asked anyone to check on me cause he knew how sincere I am and consider it an insult to have anyone check on me.

Anyway, I needed to draw something that would keep me engaged for the next four hours so I looked around and found the next beautiful thing I could see. Dharani herself. I quickly got to work and started painting her, just the way she is. This time I am not painting a warrior. I am painting my beautiful wife who was sleeping like a baby.

(Hey guys, thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. Also, the next chapter will be published on 04 December 2018. Thank you once again. Love you all)