CHAPTER 25

The next day (Arjun's POV):

Dharani woke up to the rising sun and immediately pulled herself away from me. I folded the painting of her which I drew and hid it beside me.

"I am so sorry, I fell asleep on your shoulder," she said.

"You have the right to do that," I replied with a slight smile, "You are my wife."

Dharani blushed lightly. "Does it hurt?" she asked again. 

"Not really," I replied, "We better get ready for the training."

"Maybe we could postpone it for a couple of hours," she said, "You could rest and then...."

"Then my punishment would not be a punishment," I said with a smile pissing her off again. 

"You are seriously crazy," she said as she walked away. I smiled. I like to see her angry. To be honest I just like to see her no matter what the expression is.

During the break:

"You should seriously consider sleeping now. This is the break and you can be back in an hour," Dharani said as soon as the break bell rang. I tried convincing her otherwise but she didn't let me speak.

"Don't you dare make an excuse again," she said with a raised voice, "Seriously man go sleep now." 

I stopped arguing and went to my room to sleep. I never expected someone outside my family and teachers to command me like that. What's more surprising is that I wasn't even angry at her for commanding me. I found it cute that she cares for me. I wish we would never get a new case. I don't want to fight with her again.

The next day (Arjun's POV):

I woke up as usual and was getting ready for training when Deepak gave me the news. We had a new case and the accused was one of Dharani's best friend. Acharya called us for a meeting before we attend the court. I met Dharani and at once realized what she must be going through. One one hand she had to judge a case where the accused is her best friend and on the other hand, our newly blossomed relationship is at stake. We didn't talk much. We just looked at each other and went inside Acharya's room. 

Inside Acharya's room:

"Dharani I know how hard it is for you," Acharya said looking at Dharani, "but I want to ask you one simple question. Will you be able to remain unbiased in this case?"

Dharani shook her head. What? Seriously Dharani? You give more importance to your friendship than for your responsibility towards our kingdom? What's wrong with you?

"I know my friend, Acharya," Dharani said, "I know what she is being through. I strongly believe her harming her husband is just an act of self-defense."

"But here you need to be a judge Dharani, not a friend and definitely not a lawyer," I said slightly annoyed by her thought process. How could she support her friend like that?

"I am not being a lawyer...."

"Yes, you are," I interrupted, "It was as if the judgment is already fixed and what all is going to happen is just a well-scripted drama. Minjan citizens don't deserve a biased judge." 

God, what did I say? I just initiated the process of ruining our relationship.

"They don't," Dharani said staring at me, "And I am here to tell Acharya that I would not be able to take up this case but you as always are too quick to judge."

I looked away. She was right. I shouldn't have said that. I should have thought for a while. I should have trusted her. 

"Are you sure, honey?" Acharya interrupted.

Dharani turned towards Acharya and nodded.

"I, however, would want to be her lawyer with your permission," she said.

What? Why Dharani why? Why are you complicating things?

"Honestly, I never had this thought," she added turning towards me, "but someone felt I am being her lawyer. I don't want to be accused of doing things I haven't done."

"You can dear," Acharya said and the meeting was dismissed. I tried to talk to Dharani but she was, rightfully, in no mood to talk to me.

"Don't talk to me, Arjun," she said, "Who knows I might influence you. I am a biased judge that Minjan doesn't deserve. Don't ruin your fair decisions by getting influenced by me."

Dharani why you do this? Why did I do what I did? Why do we always have to face situations that would challenge our relationship?

(Hey guys, thank you so much for making it till here. So the next chapter will be published on 6 December 2018. Please vote and comment. Thank you. Love you all)