CHAPTER 46

Dharani's POV:

Alright so technically I arrested my own husband in my room and I could say from him banging on the doors that he really didn't like it, but I had no choice. I asked Dev to take care of Arjun and make sure he doesn't come out to which he reluctantly agreed and I immediately started for Mitra. However, as I was about to leave one of the soldiers came and told me that Deepak wishes to meet me and I went to meet him.

"Princess, I know Arjun is angry and I know he might kill us but trust me I've done all I could," he said. I pitied him but didn't say anything.

"I just have one request. Please save Priya and Tinku from Arjun. They have nothing to do with my dad."

"Tinku has nothing to do with your dad?" I asked.

" I mean yes cause my dad adopted him. He is not my dad's biological child," Deepak revealed. I wanted to ask him why he didn't tell before but I decided not to. I mean how is the fact that Tinku is adopted going to help me anyway except for explaining why he has a bad relationship with his mother.

I just nodded and left making a mental note that I should never let Arjun do anything to Deepak. He is a pure soul who doesn't deserve to die for his father's crimes. Anyway, I left for Mitra and after a lot of searching and talking to the servants, I finally managed to find the painting. Thankfully one of the servants thought it was a cool painting and took it home instead of throwing it in the trash. 

I took the painting and looked at it in all possible ways. Nothing special. However, I suddenly remembered the training I received for being a spy. Remember the day I and Arjun tried to eavesdrop on the conversation between Acharya and King Indra? We were caught and Acharya, being Acharya, thought that we should be trained to be spies and gave us some basic training.  He told me about a special adhesive that would stick two papers together without anyone knowing about it and the only way they could be separated is by putting them under water. Sometimes getting caught doing stupid things does help I guess. So I put the paper under water and I was right. There was a letter lurking just beneath the painting and its contents shocked me. It was from Rahul uncle.

Dear Arjun,

Sorry for breaking your trust. I had no choice. The king would kill me if I did not kidnap your brother. Yes, I am a bad man. I am selfish but I am not heartless. The king ordered me to kill Dev but I did not kill him. Instead, I pretended to kill him and bought him alive at my house. I lied to my wife and told her that the baby in the son of my fellow spy who passed away and requested her to adopt the baby. She was reluctant. I am sure she might not be able to love him as her own son but she would ensure he gets everything. Deepak is already excited about his new brother. He will love Dev as much as you do. He named him Tinku. The fact that you are reading this letter means my family is under your custody. Please don't punish them for my sins. I promise you, one day I will surrender myself and then you can kill me. If possible try not to hate me.

Love,

Rahul uncle aka Sunil.

OMG. I couldn't believe my eyes. Tinku is Arjun's brother and I am the first one to find it out and that too this quick. I quickly rushed to my parents and told them the news. They were all excited and asked me to tell Arjun as soon as possible. They said they would come in the evening to witness the family reunion. I immediately started and drove my horse so fast that I reached Minjan 20 minutes early while my soldiers struggled to maintain pace. As I entered the palace I saw Dev sitting on the steps outside the palace placing his hand on his forehead.

"Are you alright, Dev?" I asked all excited.

"Oh yeah," Dev said as he stood up, "Everything is fine. That's the reason I am sitting on the steps and chilling."

"For god sake," he suddenly started screaming but immediately lowered his voice and started whispering, " Arjun is getting mad with every passing second. He is literally going to kill someone today. He is silent now and trust me this is scarier than when he shouted for the first fifteen minutes he was inside and as things would have it, today is Arjun's birthday and his parents are downstairs waiting for him. I told them he is doing some intense workouts and that he would be back in 15 minutes and that was a damn one hour ago. They are getting suspicious."

"Arjun's parents are here," I said all excited again and my poor little brother had it enough.

"You've lost it, Dharani," he shouted again, "You are taking revenge right because I was kind of responsible for your marriage with Arjun."

"Arre no Dev," I consoled him, "Please go and bring Arjun's father to Tinku's room. I will be there."

"You are crazy," Dev murmured as he left to get Arjun's father.

I am sure Tinku should be Arjun's brother but I wanted someone to confirm it by checking the birthmarks and all and who else is better than the king. He is calmer and mentally stronger compared to Arjun and his mother. 

Spoiler alert: The king confirms Tinku to be his son. I didn't write it in this chapter because I want to go into the details and elaborate on the emotions and conversations. After all, this is a family reunion. It deserves a chapter of its own. If possible please tell me how many of you guessed Tinku to be Arjun's brother beforehand.  Most of my readers are so silent and sweet.  Please comment something, even if it's criticism :) I just want to know you are there.

I would love to have conversations with you all. Please *puppy face*

So the next chapter will be published on 21 January 2019. So stay tuned and please vote and comment. Thank you. Love you all.