CHAPTER 19

Dharani's POV:

Arjun made some artistic moves with his paintbrush choosing from different colors and looking at me from time to time. He finished the painting exactly after fifteen minutes and turned the board towards me. I was surprised by what I saw. It was me. Exactly me with wavy hair, big eyes and all but what surprised me was the background. The painting showed me on a battlefield with two swords in either of my hands killing people mercilessly. 

"This is scary and this is not me," I said, "I appreciate your skill but I would never be like this. Neither will I ever want to."

"That doesn't make sense," Arjun argued, "You are a princess and there is a reason Acharya trained you in sword fighting and archery. They will come a day when you will have to kill people whether you like it or not."

"I will fight that day," I said, "but I am not interested in thinking about it right now."

"You should," Arjun said, "Accept it and train for it."

I was about to say something when the lunch bell rang. Arjun being Arjun left immediately to continue the training followed by Deepak.

Later that night (Dharani's POV): 

I wasn't able to sleep properly. The painting drawn by Arjun is still in my mind. I decided to drink some water, take a short walk and forget everything. So I walked out of the house and walked along the tents. As I walked past I recognized some voices. They were the voices of Sapna, the cook, and Sheela, the house cleaner.

"Prince Arjun is really handsome," Sheela said, "I saw him the other day while he was training the soldiers. Princess Dharani is really lucky."

"Yeah," Sapna added, "He is every girl's prince charming. His looks, his dedication and the way he respects women everything is perfect."

What the hell. Are they really talking about Arjun? Arjun is handsome? Prince charming? Really????

I walked back with these thoughts running through my mind. All thanks to Sapna and Sheela, now I really couldn't sleep. Is Arjun really that good looking? I need to check and like right now. So I crept out of my room and went towards Arjun's room with a candle in my hand. I tried opening the door. It wasn't locked. Yay!

I slowly opened the door trying to not make much noise. Who knows? Arjun is totally capable of filing a case of trespassing against me.

They were right. Arjun is good looking and he looked really cute while he was sleeping. Like a baby. I swear nobody would even think that this man could be the strict person that he is. As I was deeply immersed in my thoughts I saw a sword coming towards me. I immediately ducked and held Arjun's hand preventing him from attacking me.

"Dharani," Arjun said. Did he recognize me without even seeing my face? I have sure dropped the candle and there was no light.

"How did you...?

"You are the only one apart from Acharya who is capable of such a swift escape," he said.

"Killing your husband just because he didn't paint your picture the way you wanted to might not be a great idea," he added.

"Stop it, Arjun," I said, "You were the one to raise the sword. I didn't even have my sword with me and who the hell sleeps with a sword beside them?" I said as I let go of his hand and he lowered his sword.

"I would," Arjun replied, "What are you doing here?" he asked. What the hell am I supposed to say? That I heard two girls admiring his looks and am here to verify their claims.

"What are you doing here Dharani?" he asked again, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine."

"What brings you here then."

"I am your wife," I said remembering what he told in the afternoon, "I have every right to enter your room."

"So this is revenge," Arjun asked and I nodded.

"Seriously, Dharani. You need to grow up," he said putting his sword back in the scabbard and throwing it on the bed.

"And you need to sleep. You don't want to miss tomorrow's training do you?" I said.

"Good night," he wished me and went back to bed while I walked back to my room.

The girls were right actually. He was good looking and dedicated and he respects women. I literally woke him up from sleep he wasn't mad at me. He also had the courtesy to wish me good night. Maybe he isn't that bad at all. Maybe he is just a crazy person.

(Hey guys, thank you for making it till here.Please vote and comment. So the next chapter will be published on 21 November 2018. So stay tuned. Thank you. Love you all.)