Chapter 13: The Necklace

Hello every one, here's chapter 13. I'm sorry it's taken me almost a month to get this posted. It's been finished for quite a while, but I haven't gotten around to copying it onto my computer.

28/02/22: Hello lovelies, apologies its taken me almost three years to get this chapter posted. Since posting chapter 12 I have moved out of home and the physical book I had the chapters written in was with my parents. I was able to get it when I went home for my Father's birthday.

Date: 26/11/18 - 10/02/19
Time: 6:38 pm - 9:45 pm

"I feel a little better. It's going to take a little while to get used to not having my necklace." I replied watching as Mishka's wings slowly flapped, she nodded and fluttered over to the coffee table where Duke had put my broken necklace. Mishka ran her fingers over the broken piece and shook her head sadly.

"This was a very well made necklace layered with some very complicated spells and runes designed to keep your powers under control and to stop you from being overwhelmed by the sensory information. How long have you had it?" Mishka questioned, I blinked, trying to wrap my mind around what she was saying.

I had never really taken a good look at my necklace. I could see the runes carved into the petals which seemed to be glowing multiple colours. I had no idea what the rules were as they were so small, and there were so many of them layered over each other.

"I've had it since I was 2-years-old. I'm not entirely too sure, why?" I asked in turn, the person who had sarved those runes was influential at  least magically speaking and had wanted to ensure the wearer was protected from something.

"These spells and runes at 19.5-years-old and were deisgned specifically for you which is incredibly hard thing for whoever created this necklace to do as they would have had no idea what powers you would have unless he or she knew a Seer or your mother had some idea of what they might be, tell this necklace was made by Paws. He was rarely makes anything anymore," Mishka explained.

The name Paws sounded familiar and made me think of sitting on a couch, petting a big cat that looked a little like Jan, a strange warmth spreading across my back from the black, blue, purple and red bird perched on the arm of the couch, it's fire didn't burn me as I ran my fingers through its soft feathers.

The blue and purple fire made me think of swimming in a deep pool with silver and black spotted a seal.

"That name sounded vaguely familiar, and I have no idea why though," I answered absently, I could feel warmth of the index fire and the icy cold water of the pool lapping at my knees as I fingers over the seals head. I could feel the cold, wet stone under my other hand.

"Did you meet him?" Mishka asked, by the look on her face I knew not a lot of people had ever met Paws which was strange as I"m reasonably sure my mother had him over regularly for what I can't remember.

"I think I did. He had this necklace in the pocket of his kharki pants. I was hiding under the table and pulled it out." I replied, Mishka sighed and shook her head, I grinned sheepishly and looked at anyone but the little fiary.

"Mum tried to get me to give it back to him but started to laugh when I started to chew on it. I don't think it had been carved yet. It was just a red piece of stone on a cord," I muttered, looking at Mishka when I heard her gasp. She was staring at me with wide eyes, round eyes. I don't know why she was so surprised.

"Only you Marli. Do you remember reciving it?" Mishka asked as she looked at the broken pieces, lookd layered, like Paws used more than one stone, each layer was on about half a centimetre in width, each petal looked like they were made from several different stones than the red stone was overlayed on top of the other stones.