Chapter 4: An Encounter With Two Fae

This was originally part of Chapter 1 but I decided to split it up as it was originally 12 handwritten pages. I hope you enjoy it.

EDIT 01/09/18: I'm living with children who happen to be 57 and 62 respectively. I feel a parent and have been stuck in a one room unit with them for nearly a two months. I'm not getting enough sleep because of their snoring and listened to music for 495 hours last month.

——

Date: 18/08/18 - 26/08/18
Time: 03:09 pm - 12:00 am

"Where I have you been?" Natalia asked, her arms crossed over her bright orange tie-dye, I had to squint as I was momentarily blinded as to the hair ties and clips she was wearing caught the light, she was wearing a lot more than usual.

"I was helping Myra clean-up her apartment. Some of the tea the twins gave her turned into slime and covered her and her apartment. It's taken the last 7 hours to get it cleaned up," I replied, slumping in my chair and trying not to yawn more exhausted.

Two cups of coffee apparently weren't enough.

Natalia just rolled her eyes instead of asking what colour the slime was, what I had used to clean it up and what effects it had on its environment like she normally would have but she just pulled me into hour CW class. I felt a strange sense of alarm but it was dulled.

[I eventually found out the tea was designed to turn into a corrosive slime that trapped the person drinking if it was left alone for more than five minutes.

The slime turned corrosive and makes the person who drank the tea progressively sicker until they can't move than the Fae who made the tea come to get them. The tea I made for Myra was one of the many antidotes.

I had gotten some of the slime on me, dulling my instincts. Had I not gotten the slime on me than I likely would have realised sooner something was wrong with Natalia. Now that I think about everything the way 'Natalia' and 'Mrs. Killian' acted was off].

I was going to murder the twins as I had missed a great deal of information, which would have ordinarily been bad enough, what made it even worse was I was two months away from my exams.

I stayed after class to talk to Mrs Killian, my English Lit teacher even though I didn't want to be there, that strange, dull sense of alarm was still present, I got the feeling I should leave but I started to feel a little fuzzy-headed for some unknown reason.

"Mrs Killian can to you about the assignment," I questioned, brushing my hair out my face, I had done it up quickly this morning after my shower and hadn't gotten around to fixing it. I dully registered how numb my face felt and the sudden pulsing of my necklace.

It had been getting warmer since I had left the Black Flower Apartments. I couldn't remember where that was or where I had gotten my necklace I was wearing from. I spotted Natalia standing beside the door with a strange smile on her face.

My necklace started to burn, I somehow managed to keep the emotions off my face, a part of my mind was screaming for me to get out of there but it was getting quiter and quiter so I ignored it, mustn't be important.

"What assignment ... oh you that assignment. Of course, dear. Come sit down, what do you need help with," Mrs Killian replied, her voice sounded like thick syrup, the part of me that was screaming for me to get out of there somehow slowed my body down

Mrs Killian glared at me but I didn't move any faster, I opened my mouth to tell her what I needed help with when my body felt heavy and my vision tunnelled, the last thing I was Mrs Killian darting around her desk faster than any human