Chapter 7: After Dinner Talk

Hello everyone, here's chapter 7, this chapter is shorter then the others only being 4 pages long and has a word count of 2,135.

Chapter 6 Recap: Mike and Macy arrive 2 hours late. Macy makes a mess and forces Mike to spend an hour and 40 minutes cleaning it up. Macy took a 35 minutes shower, made a mess of the bathroom and stole Marlia's bedroom.

Macy called and complained to her mother about the way Marlia was treating. Eliza told Marlia to give Macy her room. She said no and told Eliza rather bluntly that Macy would 'have to suck it up'. They had dinner and Macy had a go at Mike before going to bed.

——————

Date: 11/09/18 - 19/09/18
Time: 11:55 pm - 12:22 pm

I winced when Macy slammed the door to her temporary room hard enough to feel the vibrations. I frowned when he heard Mike sigh, I turned to see him leaning against the sink, orange soap sudds clinging to his hands and forearms.

He absently wiped his hands on a tea towel I had on the bench after I had dried and put away the glasses he had washed. He looked annoyed and more than a little exhausted.

"I didn't think she was actually going to call Mother and tell her what happened. I originally planned to stay with a friend until the burst pipe was fixed, but no, that wasn't good enough for Ms I-have-to-have-everything -my-way," Mike apologized, I winced. No wonder he's exhausted.

This wasn't the arrogant I-know-more-than-you Mike Edwards I had lived with for 13 years. I know I keep saying he was like a completely different person, but he really is. It took a few seconds for my brain to register what Mike actually said. Eliza hadn't mentioned Macy was staying with Mike.

"Macy's been staying with you? I thought she had to wait two weeks before she could move into her apartment or that's what Eliza told me," I questioned more than a little confused when Mike snorted and rolled his eyes.

"Yes, she has. For the last month, while she's been going to college and 'looking' for a place. The apartments required at least three weeks' notice before the new tenant can move in, so the place can be move and inspected . . ." Mike trailed off sighing and rubbing a hand over his face. 

"The current tenants are having problems moving into their new house so haven't completely moved out the apartment but will hopefully be out within the new two weeks if everything goes well but," Mike let his head hit the cupboard, I winced in sympathy.

"But? . . ." I prompted after a few minutes; Mike got a really annoyed look on his face, it didn't take much of a guess the last two months with Macy had been less than pleasant as she was not an easy person to be around for any length of time.

"I swear Macy has it out the poor couple, they're honestly trying their best to move into their new house and Macy's not making it any easier on them. I have no idea how the pipe burst but I knew she had something to do with it. It's going to take 5 -7 days to . . .," Mike stopped when he saw the look on my face.

"Eliza pressured me into having you for the next two. I take it Macy's the reason you're late and you couldn't call because her phone was 'lost' somewhere in her bag and Macy wasn't going to take the time to message me because I'm not worth her time," I summed up and Mike nodded.

"Sound about right. Macy's phone was in her hand bag the entire time, she 'borrowed' my phone and didn't tell me you had message me as Mum hadn't given me your new phone number," Mike replied rolling his eyes. I nodded.

Eliza would have given Macy my new phone number, but she didn't bother to tell Mike.

"Has Macy always been that . . . bratty?" Duke questioned, and Mike nodded, she had always been bratty and there was nothing that was ever going to change that. It would take something short of a marical for her to grow up and stop acting like a child.