I walked into the living room. The Christmas tree was gone. I don't know why that surprised me, as three months had passed, but it just struck me as odd.

.

I started a fire and went to my bar. I poured a scotch and stood in front of my living room window, staring out across the ocean.

I wanted it to feel right, but it just didn't. The house felt cold and empty and I almost had the feeling that I did not belong.

.

"Welcome home, Will," I said aloud as I raised my glass.

.

I saw the flicker of lights and knew a vehicle was coming up toward the house.

I assumed that it was Bobby and Jessie, but as the car stopped in front of the window, a cold shiver hit me.

.

It was Sheila.

.

"Shit."

I had come home because of what Bobby had told me, but I had hoped that I would not have to face Sheila right away.

That was part of the reason why I took my time driving back, making more than a few unnecessary stops, for gas and snacks and such.

Even the cats stared at me, as if they were wondering what was taking so long.

.

I heard my doorbell ring.

Slowly I walked to the front door.

I took a deep breath before opening it.

.

We stared at each other for a moment.

.

It was Sheila that broke the silence.

"You look different."

.

I had not shaved my head since I had left the Rock and I had a full head of slightly curly hair, as well as a full beard.

.

"You look the same."

I didn't know what to do, so once again it was Sheila.

.

She gave me a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Can I come in?"

.

"Of course."

I stepped aside, so she could enter and I closed the door behind her.

"Would you like a drink?"

.

"No," she said, quietly.

"I am only here for a few minutes."

.

Again an awkward silence fell over us.

.

Sheila lit a cigarette.

.

"When did you start smoking?"

.

"When you left," she snapped.

.

"I'm sorry ..."

.

"I know, Will. That's all you ever say. I'm sorry.

But tell me this Will.