Chapter Thrity-Four

Start from the beginning

The bathroom is already all steamy from the heat coming from the shower, Luke is waiting in there with only his boxers on.

“Hey babe, ready?”

“Yeah, how hot is the water Luke?” I ask laughing.

“I like hot showers.” He replies shrugging.

“I can see that”

Luke takes off his boxers and everything about him makes me weak. I have seen him fully unclothed many times so there is no initial shock of it. However, every time I see him this way I become in complete awe. Everything about him is beautiful. His heart especially, now spending these last few months with him I don’t know how I am gonna live without him. I shake off that thought and start undressing myself. Trying to do it without fumbling with my clothes and making myself look like an idiot.

“I love you” Is all I hear breaking through my thoughts. I look up and see Luke staring at me smiling.

“I doubt you love me more than I love you Luke so don’t even try”

“You can think whatever you want Aubrey, but I definitely love you more.”

“Alright, whatever Luke.” I say back to him smiling.

We step into the shower and the warm water hits my back first and I can already feel the stress of these last days washing off of me. I tilt my neck to the side to let the water run down my body.

“Turn around.” Luke says in an almost demanding voice. I do as he says and face the showerhead; I close my eyes and let my thoughts run blank. I feel Luke move closer to my back and then he puts the sponge that he made all soapy on my shoulders. He slowly moves it in circles all along my shoulder blades and down my back. Luke places him lips on the opposite shoulder he is washing and places kisses all on it moving his kisses closer to my neck.

“You are so beautiful Aubrey. Thank you.” His thank you sends me into confusion. I turn around so we are facing each other.

“Thank you?” I say coaxing my head to the side. I can feel the soap going down my back.

“Yes, thank you.” He kisses me. I kiss him back, he has his hands on my waist now and is deepening the kiss. “I love you so much, so thank you” he says in between kisses.

“Luke, why are you thanking me?”

“Because before you I don’t know what I was doing. Other than the band, everything prior to US is a black hole. There was something missing for me, and I found it when I met you. Everything about you is so intriguing, the way you watch TV, they way you laugh at my stupid ass jokes. You love me for me, not the me in the band the real me, Luke and for that I thank you. I have never known real love before you and I cannot thank you enough. I may be leaving, but you should know not a day will go by when I am nothing thinking of you. And every night when I look out the window and see the moon, I will know that is the same moon you’re looking at thinking of me and hopefully this tour will be back here in no time.” I cant help the tears in my eyes but they are not sad tears, which is shocking, they are happy tears. “Oh God, did I make you sad? I’m so sorry!” I cannot form words so I just shake my head and smile and Luke seems to understand.

“I love you Luke” I choke out. “And when I am looking at the moon when you’re gone I will definitely be thinking about you. No one will ever compare to you.” I cup his face in my hands and kiss him with everything that I have. When the kiss is finished we just stand there holding each other for a really long time not moving, just enjoying each other.