Chapter Fourteen

When we get back to the house it is around 4:30, we are all pretty tired from the long and exciting day we had today. I can definitely tell that all of the girls are so much closer and I love that!

When I had read that text from Luke I basically shoved all of my food into my mouth. I didn’t want to have to tell the girls to hurry up, although I did try to hint it.

When we get into the house through the door in the garage no one is around. We hear noises in the kitchen and we all walk over as a group for safety. Where are the boys?

“hello?” Quinn says in a kind of bitchy voice. The person turns around.

“Oh hey girls how are you?”

“What the hell are you doing James you scared the shit out of us!” Beth says punching him in the arm.

“OW, I’m sorry I was looking for the boys, but I got distracted by something in here.”

“What ever, have fun. I am going upstairs to change and watch TV” Jordyn says and exits the room.

“Same here, I cannot deal with this I am so tired!” Quinn says and follows

“Yeah I am going to leave to, I want to find Luke I need to ask him something…” I say trying to act nonchalant about the whole situation. Beth stays with James to get some water and then follows me up the stairs.

After I get changed into something more comfortable I text Luke.

‘We are home! Where are you guys?’

Within seconds there is a text back.

‘I’m in the basement with Ash we had some stuff to finish. Can you come down?’

I don’t bother responding; instead I just make my way to the basement.

When I get down there I see Ashton sitting on the chair facing the sound booth and Luke inside of it. When I see him I can’t help but smile, he notices and smiles back. I guess Ash could also tell because he turns around.

“Hey Aubrey! Did you and the girls have fun!?” he asks

“Yeah thanks, what are you guys up to?” I say.

“Luke has to record some vocals for one of the new songs on the album. You can stay and listen if you want.” He pulls a chair beside him and I walk over. He then hands me a pair of headphones and I put them on.

There is a static noise in my ears and then the music begins to play and Luke’s voice fills my ears.

You're like perfection, some kind of holiday

You got me thinking that we could run away

You want I'll take you there,

You tell me when and where,

Oh oh oh oh

But then I asked for your number,

Said you don't have a phone

It's getting late now,

I gotta let you know

That everybody wants to take you home tonight

But I'm gonna find a way to make you mine

Don't stop doin' what you're doin'

Every time you move to the beat