Chapter Three

Throughout the drive back into town once again there is silence in the car. I’m assuming that I’m the only one who is going to initiate any kind of conversation so I give it a go.

 “So how old are you guys?” I ask

 Luke is the first to answer, “Calum and I are both 18”

 “I'm 18” Michael responds with a smile

 “And I am 20” Ashton finishes “How about you Aubrey” my name, I must say sounds quite different coming out of their mouths then anyone elses. I like the way it sounds with the accents. Maybe this won’t be all that bad.

 “I’m 17” I say with a smile. “So do you guys like it here, in Canada?” I ask trying to keep the conversation flowing.

“Yeah, its really nice here, its cool most of the time which is good. Everyone has been super nice to us so far and we’re excited to see what else is gonna happen here” Calum answers for all of them.

All of a sudden I hear James say, “Alright we’re here”

When I look out the window I don’t know exactly what to expect. I can say though I wasn’t expecting what I did see. The house was huge. So huge that I didn’t even know we had homes this size in my town. The driveway isn’t long like you would think it should be, and there is no gate restricting access to people who shouldn’t be here. Its just extravagant.

“Wow,” I say finally letting out a breath of air “Its giant, and James your house is just next door?”

 “Yeah, this one right here.” Their definition of next door is completely different to the next door I had in mind. James’ pointing to the left and the closest distance from each house must be at least 450 feet. There is so much space and grass, and I’m already in love. And I haven’t even seen the inside yet. It is getting harder and harder to say no.

 When we get up the steps that lead to the French doors, I take a deep breath I don’t know what to expect to see in my mind so I am trying to keep calm. Once the door is open, not with a key I might add, but with a code the boys allow me to step in first.

 The first thing I see when I step in is two spiral staircases coming out of either side of a balcony that is directly above my head. The floor is what seems like marble tile and even though it should feel cold, it feels exactly like a home. I can’t help my self from walking away from the boys and wandering around the main floor. Straight a head from the front door, between the two staircases and down the hall is the kitchen. I have never seen a kitchen like this before in my life. There is granite counter tops all along the perimeter and a granite island in the middle with a sink and stove built into the counter. All the appliances are hidden so they look like storage space. There is a floor to ceiling window that covers the back section of the room. It looks out onto the gorgeous backyard complete with the pool I never had. Through a doorway without a door beside the kitchen is a living room. There is a giant TV resting on a built in fireplace, with grey couches that look like they will be the comfiest things in the planet in front and beside it.

 My eyes and my head don’t know where to turn, I figure I need to see upstairs before my head combusts into a million pieces. My fingers trace all of the detail on the wall and I make my way to one of the staircases and run my fingers up the banister as I walk up the hardwood steps. I hadn’t even noticed that they were following me until I heard their footsteps and whispers from behind. However, I couldn’t be bothered to turn around. At the top of the stairs it seems that the floor breaks off into different sections. First is what I assume to be as the master bedroom. There is a king size bed, a couch two chairs, and a fireplace inside it. Connected to it, is it’s very own bathroom. The next four rooms look all the same, but breathtaking none the less. All of them have king size beds and chairs or couches inside of them. All complete with their very own ensuite.

 Down the hall is where I can tell the girls will be living mostly. There is a room, not a bedroom but a living/tv/girls room right in the middle of the hallway that separates the four rooms. In the room there is a pale pink couch with a TV on top of yet another fireplace. There is a glass coffee table in the middle on top of a pink fur carpet that looks like it was made for feeling.  I go over to the couch and sit on it to get a feel for the room, it is definitely someplace I could see myself hanging out.

 I get up off the couch and walk down the hall that goes on forever. The first room is nice, but not something I would pick for myself. Which is alright, seeing as someone as already claimed that room.

The next one looks almost identical, they were both nice in colour, but it just didn’t feel right to me.

 The third one, was a little more my style but still not ideal. Luckily though all of those were taken. I just hope the last one is perfect, or else I’m going to have a hard time saying yes.

When I get to the last room, I feel like my eyes might just pop out of my head in amazement. The room is coral with black and white accents every where, there is no colour other than the wall itself. It’s the room that over looks the front of the house and it has a window with a seat lined up against it. Also, there is a small balcony that would just fit two people nicely for those summer nights outside. As well as all the other rooms there is a fireplace and a small couch with a TV in the room. The bed looks absolutely amazing; it’s extremely hard to believe that the other girls wouldn’t have picked this room. I walk around the room and then see a door that leads to a closet that MUST be the size of my current room now. There are clothes all lined inside including shoes and accessories. There is even a table and chair in the middle of the room. Right beside that door is another one, one I assume to be the bathroom to this bedroom. When I open the door I see that I was right. In the bathroom there is one long counter with a sink that is perfect for holding all kinds of girly crap. In the corner there is a giant Jacuzzi bathtub, and next to that a shower. And obvi a toilet but who hasn’t seen that.

“The toilet flushes the other way here” One of them says breaking me out of the trance I’ve been in for what feels like days.

“Yeah,” I respond not even looking up to see who said it. “So James when do I move in?”