Somebody's Watching Me

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, okay. Whatever. I've gotta get going," I told him and began pushing my cart toward the checkout lane. Thankfully, he didn't follow. After paying for my purchases, I quickly pushed the cart to Chuck and loaded the groceries into the back. I looked around after climbing in and saw James getting into the dark sedan that I had seen earlier. I was starting to feel very uneasy. I gunned the engine, ready to get home.

I pulled into the drive, keeping my eye out for Creeper James. Thankfully, it seemed he hadn't followed me home. Grabbing the groceries, I headed inside and found Charlie sitting in his recliner.

"Hey, Bells."

"Hey, Dad," I replied, as I went to the kitchen to put away the groceries. I debated telling him about Creeper James being at the store, before I finally realized that I should say something. After putting away the groceries, I headed back to the living room and curled up on the couch.

"Dad. Uh . . . I need to tell you something."

The look on his face was comical. I watched in fascination as he went from panicked to angry.

"I'm going to kill him!" he roared from his spot.

Huh? "Who are you going to kill?"

"You know damned well who. That boyfriend of yours," he spat out.

"Wait. What? Why are you going to kill Edward?"

"What do you mean, why? He got my baby knocked up, that's why!"

I busted out laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation. "Dad! I'm not pregnant. Edward and I haven't done that."

"Oh. Thank God." His face was slowly returning from the angry red that it had been to its natural color. "Sorry. I may have overreacted there."

"You think?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

"I apologized. So what is it you wanted to tell me?"

I sat down on the couch and told him how I'd seen Creeper James at the grocery store, and how uncomfortable he'd made me feel. "I realize that Forks is a small town and that I'm probably overreacting, but I wanted to let you know."

"Better safe than sorry, Bells. I've got a background check going on that Trakker guy. Doesn't he live in Port Angeles?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I think so."

"Hmm. If you see him around again, you let me know."

"I will."

....

Edward had called and invited me over for the day. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to spend quality time with my boyfriend. We were cuddling on the couch in the den watching some lame-ass vampire movie, while his parents and Alice were in Seattle. I wasn't really into it, but he seemed to be enjoying it, so I let him. Every so often, I'd let my fingers run through his hair or place a chaste kiss upon his cheek or neck.

"You're bored, aren't you?"

"Hmm. A little, I guess. You know vampires aren't really my thing," I told him, twirling a lock of his bronze hair around my finger.

He paused the movie then leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"I'm sorry you're bored. Let me make it up to you," he mumbled against my lips.

"Please do."

Reaching up, I pulled his head down to mine and licked his bottom lip before nipping it. He let out a moan that went straight through my body, and then he kissed me like he owned me.  Soon, we were caught up in our teenage lust.  Hands were roaming and things were progressing a bit too quickly.  Slowly, I pulled away and asked him a question that I needed to know the answer to.