Take a Bow

A/N: Thank you all so much for the wonderful reviews.  

....

I was sitting on the couch next to Edward, watching the newest Harry Potter movie. The other couples had abandoned us for some alone time, so there we were. Not that I was complaining. We were about twenty minutes into the movie when I started to cry. What a sad scene! Edward must have noticed my tears because he scooted down the couch until he was close enough to wrap his arm around me.

"Hey. You okay?" he asked me.

I nodded. "I'm fine. I knew this scene was coming, but it still makes me sad. I know. I'm being silly."

"No, you're not. It's a sad moment. No shame in crying."

The rest of the movie was spent with Edward's arm wrapped around me, pulling me into him. I snuggled closer and rested my head on his shoulder, sighing happily. Too soon for my liking, the movie ended, but Edward didn't release me from his grip.

"Bella?"

I looked at him.

"I know that I've been a stupid jerk, but I've seen the error of my ways. Would you . . . would you consider going out with me?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

I could hardly breathe. Edward was asking me out!

"Of course!" I practically shouted at him. Then, I buried my face in his shoulder, embarrassed at my reaction.

He laughed at my obvious enthusiasm and squeezed my shoulder.

"I'm glad that you're excited about going out with me. Would you like to go out tomorrow night? We could go out to dinner in Port Angeles, maybe see a movie?"

"I'd like that," I told him shyly.

He beamed.

"Bella. Would it be considered terribly rude of me to kiss you?"

"Not at all. I think I'd like that. A lot."

Cue the blush.

Edward reached up and gently cupped my face in his hands. He leaned down, his bronze hair falling into his eyes, and I saw him wet his lips. The next moment, his lips were pressed firmly on mine. His tongue gently traced my lips, begging me to open up, and I did. His tongue swept into my mouth and began to tangle with my own. And just as I was sinking deeper into the kiss, I heard whispering from nearby.

"Shhhh . . . don't wake them up!"

"Aww . . . they look so cute."

"Jerk better break up with Victoria for real, or I'm gonna break him."