Whole Lotta Trouble

A/N:  I love all of your reviews!  Thanks for taking the time to read this!  I would've posted this sooner, but my AC went out today and it got over 90 degrees in my apartment.  Ugh.  Anyway, AC's fixed so yay!  Now I'm at work, listening to Ed Sheeran (British singer who is freaking awesome!  Go listen to him.  He's on Spotify), and posting this chapter.  Enjoy!

....

Very slowly I raised my eyes and found myself looking into her eyes; head cheerleader, rich girl, queen of Forks High. Bitchtoria. I knew that this would not go well for me. The look in her eyes put the fear of God to me. I swear there were flames coming out of them. I couldn't look away. I tried. Oh God, I tried, but her gaze held me paralyzed. Not to mention that she had a death grip on my forearm. All I could think was that this was the end. Life as I knew it was over. Her grip tightened on my arm, and those scary-as-hell-nails started to dig into my skin.

"So Bella, I heard something interesting about you today. Do you want to know what it was?" she asked me. Before I even had a chance to respond, she started talking again. "I heard that you're lab partners with my Eddie. That isn't true, is it? Which I find funny because I specifically remember telling you to stay away from him."

Oh shit, was all I could think. I was so scared, all I could do was stammer at her. "Um, I. . . I . . . didn't ask to be his lab partner. Mr. Banner assigned us to work together."

Victoria leaned down and got right in my face. "Well then tomorrow, you're going to ask Mr. Banner for a new lab partner, aren't you?"

Before I could say anything, Mr. Mason turned the corner. "Is there a problem here, ladies?"

Victoria plastered on a smile and looked at Mr. Mason. "No, Mr. Mason. Everything's fine. We were just clearing up a little misunderstanding that we had. Weren't we, Bella?"

All I could do was nod my head in response.

"Well then, I suggest you ladies get to class before you're late."

Victoria released my arm, and I rubbed the spot that she had grabbed. I could feel a bruise coming on. "Don't forget, Bella. Tomorrow you will ask for a new partner, and don't even try to talk to Eddie anymore."

I was so dumbstruck by the whole encounter that, once again, I just nodded at her and stumbled my way down the hall to class. I rushed into the room and tripped over Eric's backpack on my way to my seat. Once I was seated, I let out a trembling breath and tried to calm my shaking hands.

"Cutting it awfully close there," Mike said from behind me.

My voice shook a bit as I agreed with him. I could tell he wanted to ask me more questions, but thankfully, Mrs. Shapiro started class. The rest of the class period passed quickly, and I was so ready to leave. Once the bell rang, I sprang as gracefully as I could from my seat and rushed toward the door, eager to leave hell and enter the sanctuary of my home. I rushed toward Chuck, making sure to avoid any and all contact with anyone. I wrenched the door open, threw my bag onto the passenger seat, and climbed in. I took a moment to close my eyes and take a few deep breaths.

A tapping on the window almost made me jump out of my skin. It was Ben and Angela. I took one glance at the both of them, and I knew that they had heard about the encounter I had with her.