Somebody's Watching Me

A/N: I won't drag out this AN.  Thanks for reading and reviewing.  Oh, and the drama has returned.  

....

The rest of October passed by quickly. Sure, Victoria was back to being her usual bitchy self, but that was nothing new. Homecoming had been fun and my name had msyteriously disappeared off hte ballot.  Something I was grateful for.  Rose won the title of homecoming queen, and Victoria was outraged when Rose pretty much took over as queen of the school. It was nice to be friends with the queen.

Halloween came and went without much incident. Alice had thrown a Halloween party and invited half the school. It was a blast. Now we were into November, and Thanksgiving was soon approaching. I'd gotten my cast off the week before and was so grateful to have the use of my other arm back.

Sue, Charlie, and Esme had been hard at work, getting the attic refurbished for Seth. The Clearwaters hoped to move in before the end of the month. They practically lived here as it was. The wedding plans were coming along nicely as well. Sue wanted all the kids in the wedding, so now I was being forced to try on fancy dresses. Alice was only too thrilled to help out.

Edward and I had only gotten closer over the past month. Most of our days were spent together, doing anything from groping and making out, to just lounging around, watching TV. Things were going so well that I should have known that drama was about to rear its ugly head.

I had just gotten home from Edward's, where I had spent many an hour groping his hot body and losing myself in his delicious kisses. I scoured the fridge, trying to find something to cook for dinner. I gave up hope when the best I could come up with was a peanut butter and cheese sandwich, with a side of mustard. Ugh!

I called Charlie and told him that I was heading to the store and that I'd be back by the time he got home from work. I hopped into Chuck and drove to the grocery store. I was driving along the road, rocking out to Stereophonics, when I noticed a fancy black sedan behind me. I only noticed it because in a town like Forks, it looked out of place. I didn't think much of it, thinking it must be someone passing through town.

I parked in the store parking lot, climbed out of Chuck, and felt the hairs on the back of my neck raise. I looked around and noticed the black sedan that I'd seen earlier but couldn't see who was inside it. I shrugged off the feeling and headed into the store.

I had just grabbed some chicken breast, and was on my way to look at steaks, when I felt eyes at the back of my head. I turned around, but the only person I saw was Mrs. Cope, the school secretary. Huh. Maybe I was just being paranoid. After picking out some steaks, I went to get some veggies that I would need. I was looking at the onions when my hairs stood up again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man walking toward me. I put the onions in a plastic bag and held on tight, ready to use it as a weapon if I needed to. Still keeping an eye out through my peripheral vision, I quickly moved toward the potatoes. I had just reached them, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello, Isabella."

Oh God! It was Creeper James. I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and turned around.

"Hello, James," I said, then continued to scour the vegetables. I could feel him watching me, not saying anything, and it was really starting to bother me. Finally, I put my vegetables in my cart and turned to look at him.

"Was there something you wanted, James?" I asked, a bit rudely.

He flashed me a smile that sent chills running over my skin. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior the other night. I don't want you to think bad about me, Isabella," he said in a smooth voice.