For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic

A/N:  Hey gang!  I'm out of town this weekend so I'm going to update this early.  I had one reviewer mention that she hadn't gotten a notice that my story had updated.  Is anyone else not getting notifications?  Cause I don't want you guys thinking that I've forgotten about you. 

....

I steeled myself as I turned to face Victoria, and I noticed that she was surrounded by her band of brainless wonders. The fact that she was approaching me at a dance with all of these witnesses, led me to believe that she was up to no good.

"What do you want, Victoria?"

She took a deep breath and said in a loud, trembling voice that carried around us, "I want you to stop picking on me! I don't understand why you're being so mean to me!"

Ah. So, that's how she was going to play it. Get herself all worked up and accuse me of horrible things in front of everyone. Well played, Bitchtoria. Well played. But, I was through dealing with her and her bull. It was high time I grew a pair and had it out with her, and if that meant I had to duke it out with her in front of an entire dance floor, then so be it.

Shooting her a scathing look, I replied, "Really, Victoria? Really? You're gonna play the injured party? You've made it known since the beginning of the school year that you can't stand me. You've threatened me time and time again, and I've done nothing to you."

By now, a small crowd had gathered and was hovering near the drink station. Realizing that she had an audience, Victoria upped her performance.

"Bella, I just don't understand why you hate me so much. All I wanted was for us to be friends," she whined as a tear trickled down her cheek.

You've got to be freaking kidding me.

I raised my voice a bit louder to ensure that everyone hovering nearby could hear me."Cut the act, Victoria. You're not fooling anyone, but just in case, let me clear a few things up. A few weeks ago, I accidentally ran into Edward. Anyone who knows me knows I can't walk without tripping ten feet over something." I heard a few snickers from people.

Looking around, I told our audience, "Victoria, here, got all territorial and has since then proceeded to threaten me every chance she gets. For some unknown reasons, believes that I'm a threat to her and is doing everything in her power to make my life miserable. If you don't believe me, that's fine, but I've got witnesses who have seen and heard her threaten me. So believe what you will."

Victoria looked around and saw several people who appeared to agree with me, and she shot them all dirty looks. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised her voice a bit more.

"You're such a liar, Isabella. I highly doubt anyone's going to buy your story. I just wanted to get to know you better, and all you wanted to do was steal Edward from me. That's why you've been going around calling me names and threatening to hurt me."

I seriously hoped no one was buying into her bull, but the students of Forks High weren't exactly brilliant. I took a deep breath, squared my shoulders, and was preparing to continue my attack when Rose stepped up beside me.