Happiness

A/N: Sorry it took so long to get this posted.  My only excuse is that I ... uh, went to go see Magic Mike and since then, I've had Channing Tatum on the brain.  Yeah, we'll go with that.  It's a good excuse, right?

.... 

 I was in a meadow surrounded by trees and flowers, and I could hear the soothing ripples of a brook nearby. I was sprawled out in the grass reading Pride and Prejudice when a shadow fell over me. Looking up, I saw Edward in his football uniform.

 "Hey, Edward. How was the game?"

Edward continued to stand and stare at me. He had an almost feral look on his face, and I started to feel uneasy.

"Edward?"

Still no response. His eyes had a glassy look to them, and I was beginning to think that something was seriously wrong. Then it happened. The sun came out from behind a cloud, and Edward's skin began to sparkle. What. The. Fuck? Why was he sparkling?

Edward stalked toward me and bent down into a crouching position. Gone was the glassy look in his eyes; now they looked wild. And then he spoke. "I'm so sorry, Isabella. I thought I could stay away from you, but I can't. Your blood sings to me."

My blood sings to him? I sat there dumbfounded. All I could do was sit and watch him inch closer and closer to me. His hands reached out and grabbed my upper arms, pinning me to the ground. I noticed that his hands were cold, almost like ice, and they tightened painfully on my arms as I struggled to get away.

"Edward, you're scaring me!"

He whispered that he was sorry, and I watched in horror as he opened his mouth, showing off two extremely sharp fangs. He turned my head to the side and leaned down to bite me.

I jolted awake, disoriented and confused. I had managed to kick off all the covers and pillows, and my hair was a tangled mess. I flopped onto my back and took a deep breath. Stupid Mike and his vampires. I had a feeling that when I looked in the mirror, there would be bags under my eyes, thanks to my restless night. I got up, showered, and headed downstairs for a quick breakfast.

I arrived at school and found a spot next to Alice's Porsche. Poor Chuck. He looked like a piece of shit next to her glossy, stylish sports car. I patted his hood fondly and made my way toward Angela.

"Good morning, Bella!"

I couldn't help but laugh at her exuberance. "Good morning, Angela. You're awfully chipper."

She had a huge smile on her face and said, "I sure am! I asked Ben to the dance last night, and he said yes!"

"Well, of course he did. He's the Ron to your Hermione. The Harry to your Ginny. The Voldermort to your Bellat..."

Angela interrupted me, laughing. "I get it. Plus, I'm excited about going to the game tonight. Aren't you?"

Was I excited about the game? No, not really. I was excited about seeing Edward in his uniform, but I wasn't excited about sitting in the stands surrounded by all those people.

"Sure. I'm excited . . . it'll be fun."

Ben walked over to us and slung an arm around Angela's shoulders. "Good morning, ladies."

"Morning, Ben," we replied.

We headed toward our lockers, listening to Ben discuss the awesomeness of some graphic novel that he was reading. When we were just a few feet away, I saw Edward walking down the hall. He was wearing his football jersey and a pair of jeans, and he looked delicious.