Meandering through Mirkwood

Turns out that when I fell asleep Beorn and his bear patrol found me, and one bear was left to guard me. We finished breakfast, mainly consisting of honeyed cream that was amazing. It almost had a pudding or mousse consistancy and was more filling than you'd think.

I'm leaving Runningwind with Beorn, so she will be safe from the perils of Mirkwood. Beorn gave us more supplies and led us to the entrance of the forest, bidding us farewell and good luck. Gandalf said goodbye as well, because he needs to check up on something.

So everyone is miserable except me, because I can't be extremely sad when I've had sugar. That honey is chock full of sugar, and I'm finding it hard not to run around like a maniac.

"How are you so joyous Kass?"

"I ate too much honey!" I ran forward again, looking at what lay ahead. 

"What does that have to do with it?" 

I turned to Thorin, and poked his nose.

"I'm excited! New places, peaceful woodlands, and dwarves who can sing!"

Fili and Kili were both grinning, and Bilbo struggled to hide a laugh. Thorin looked unamused though, and I stopped him. I scowled at him with the grumpiest look I could manage, and poked his stomach.

"I thought fat dwarves were supposed to be jolly, but all you are is grumpy."

He raised a single eyebrow, his lip twitching as if he was going to smile. 

"Hey wait. Speaking of jolly fat dwarves, where is Bombur?" I just noticed his absence. The others stopped and we began searching for him, and I called out with no answer.

"Bombur! Bombur! I'll give you a biscuit if you come back!" Sorry it's the first thing that came to mind to get him back. I noticed his hat on the ground next to a river, which happened to be darker than the night sky. 

"HE FELL IN A RIVER!" I ran into the water and grabbed his legs, pulling him out. He's still breathing but unconscious. Everyone gathered around as I pushed the water out of his lungs, performing CPR as best as I know. (I took a class and passed, but I'm pretty sure I fail at life.)

"It's the river Gandalf warned us about! Touching the water puts you to sleep, drinking it means death!" Dwalin muttered to the others. 

Thats funny, I don't feel sleepy at all. I friggin swam in that and nothing happened. I felt drowzy for like two seconds when I reached Bombur, but other than that I'm fine. Thorin noticed too, because I can feel him staring at me. 

"Why is it the water has no effect on you?"

Oh glob, he asked about it. 

"I have no idea. Maybe it only works on males?"

I'm the only girl in the group, so it's logical. He hurrumphed and turned to the others, leaving me to figure out what to do with the chubby chibi of a dwarf.

"Uhh..."

I can't carry him, as he weighs more then me. I can carry his pack but who will carry him? Maybe Balin and Bofur? I'm making my head hurt thinking over the problem. Think of the solution, not the problem!

"Hey I can carry his pack and things, but you guys will have to lug him around until he wakes up." I have the strangest feeling that, even though he 'drank' some of the water he will wake up. Unsure if it's intuition or premonition though.

.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-.Time skip two days.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-.

Food and water is running low, and still we trudge through Mirkwood, following this shitty excuse of a path. Unlike the others I can go two full days without food or water, so my supplies are actually what everyone has left. They each have one more days worth of supplies, if they're careful. Bombur woke up this morning and ate half his supplies, but left the rest when I shouted at him.