Flight and Feasts

"Uhm. Thorin can you let go now?"

The dwarf king has a tight hold around my waist, and it's really uncomfortable. The others laughed and I shot a furious glare in their direction.  Thorin let me go and turned to Bilbo, his face becoming a mask of anger.

"I said you would be a burdan. That you wouldn't fit in or cope, that you won't live long enough to be of use. I have never been so wrong in my life."

Thorin hugged Bilbo, and I smiled. It's really late though, and I'm tired beyond belief. Runningwind is already bunkered down sleeping, so I'll join her and rest. I lay down with my head on her side and drifted off.

.-=-..-=-.Dream-memory.-=-..-=-.

I came home from school to an enormous arguement between my Mum and twin sister. As much as I love my sister, and sympathize with her disabilities I cannot tolerate her. 

"It's mine! My SSI paid for it! All of this is mine!"

I set my backpack down and hung up my hoodie. Since our eleventh birthday she has gotton worse, believing absolutely everything was hers, and everyone owes her. Mum pleaded with her to calm down, tears running down her face.

"NO! I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK!"

She flew at our Mum, a marble ashtray in her hands as she attempted to hurt the one who gave us life. I ran forward, taking the blow to my arm, and throwing my sister back.

"WHAT THE HELL! THAT IS ENOUGH NAY-NAY!" I pinned my sister to the wall as adreniline and rage coursed through my veins, and my hold on my darker side slipped.

"You have betrayed the blood, and now you are cast away. Return and you will pay by blood." My voice hung in the air like a dark cloud, and I caught the punch aimed for my face. My grip tightened and her bones cracked under the pressure. My vision tinted with a red haze, and the lust for pain and the sight of blood increased. But I realised what was happening and let her go, tossing her aside.

"Leave before it's too late."

.-=-..-=-.Dream-memory end, time skip to dawn.-=-..-=-.

I was shaken awake by Kili, and I sluggishly returned his smile. He reminds me of my older brother, sweet and caring. A balm to my wrecked nerves after a night like that. I rubbed my eyes with the back of one hand, accepting Kili's hand to get up. 

"Hey Kili." 

"Rough night?"

"That obvious?"

"Yeah, everyone's worried. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, it was just an unpleasant dream."

The others sat at a large bonfire, food already prepared and everyone tucking in merrily. I got some food and sat on a boulder away from the others, enjoying the chill morning air and breathtaking sunrise.

 The eagles from last night flew over, and everyone got ready to leave. Runningwind trotted over to me, and I hopped up into the saddle. The eagle that carried us before flew over, and I spotted Gandalf on his back.

"Good morn."

"Indeed."

I have come to a conclusion. Eagles and wizards don't like talking. This eagle is like several feet taller than the rest though, so he must be the king. Or the king's bodyguard. Giant talons picked us up, and another long flight ensued.

.-=-..-=-.Time skip.-=-..-=-.

The carrock we were set down upon is cool, from a certain angle it resembles a bears head.