Mutants and Memories

I woke up in another tree, and I'm beginning to wonder if that's part of some inside joke. I rubbed my eyes and stretched, feeling like something was vastly different. I stopped and felt something brush against my leg.

"Ack!" I fell and landed on my feet. "Whoa." I stood up and saw what brushed against my leg. "Why do I have a tail?" I pet it absently, looking at the black fur tipped with white. It looked like black fur with some snow on it. My ear twitched and I froze, reaching up and finding that my normal ears are gone and cat ears had replaced them. 

"Hello." I jumped and hit my head on the tree, hissing at the person. I landed on my feet again, and I spun to face the person. "Charles Xavier?" Sitting in his chrome wheelchair is THE Charles Xavier, or at least the actor who played him. "Yes, but who are you?" 

"I'm Kass Winchestor." He nodded and stared at me, then frowned. "What? Did I do something?" He shook his head and turned his chair, leaving. "Hey wait up Professor X!" He stopped and turned, and I caught up. "Miss Winchestor would you like to come with me?" I nodded my head, of course I would. Wherever Professor X goes, the X-men aren't too far behind.

I guess I was transported into a park, because we walked on a sidewalk for two minutes before reaching the road. "So professor where are we going?" Before he answered I ran into a wall of air, and fell on my ass again. "Sorry miss Winchestor, I neglected to mention our mode of travel." I rubbed my head and laughed. "Yeah invisable vehicles are easily forgotten." 

The air shimmered and the jet I know and love appeared before me, even more beautiful in person. The hatch opened and Cyclops stepped out, looking at me then the professor. "Cyclops we have a guest." The professor went inside the jet and I followed him, feeling Cyclops watching me. Geez I'm not going to do anything.

 "He probably thinks we're Mistique."

Naru? Oh yeah we're always together now, she said some of the changes carry through. Cool, now if prof. X reads my mind he'll think I'm crazy.

"He can't read our mind. Don't you think he would have spoken to us mentally already? Or made a comment about me after searching our memories?"

Naru is smarter then me! Or more observant....I strapped myself into a seat, and looked around curiously. Only prof. X, Cyclops and myself on board. I might have interrupted a nice day....

"So miss Winchestor, do you go by an alias?" Did he just ask if I have a superhero name? "Nope." The jet rose and my stomach dropped, my feelings of ease becoming feelings of sickness. I've never been on a plane before, much less a high-speed jet, and being in a car makes me nervous. I held my head in my hands, breathing in slow, short pants. The flight was relatively short, and when the jet landed I all but ran out.

I fell to my hands and knees on the grass, holding back the urge to puke. "Who's this?" I looked up and saw Hugh Jackman, a.k.a. the Wolverine Logan, walking towards us. "A loner the prof. Picked up." Cyclops walked by cooly, avoiding Logan. I waved half-heartedly and sat back on my heels. Ah fresh air and solid ground, where my movements are controlled and I can avoid death.

"Miss Winchestor if you'll follow us, Logan will give you a tour of the school." Oh that's right, the school for mutants. I got up and ran after the trio, my tail preventing several clutzy falls. 

.-=-..-=-..-=-..-=-.

Logan pulled me back by the tail, just as a blast of fire swept past. "Eep!" My fur stood on end and I slapped Logan's hand away. "Lay off the tail!" He smirked and I turned away, walking up to the two boys having an ice vs fire fight. I grabbed both of them by an ear, dragging them through the halls and outside.