Searches and Sleeping

I stretched as I drifted in and out of consciousness, feeling something warm tighten around my waist. A face pressed into the space between my neck and shoulder, and I sighed happily. WAIT. WHUT. I jumped and broke free of the arm around my waist, falling out of bed and looking around wildly. 

Oh it's Logan. I forgot I never left his room, I fell asleep before I could. Why he didn't take me back to my room and leave me there, I don't know. Maybe he didn't want me to wake up from another nightmare, consequently waking him up. He stirred and his arm tightened, and then his eyes shot open and flashed around before seeing me.

"Morning." He sighed and sat up, running his hand through his hair. "Yeah mornin'." I stood up and walked out, turning my head to speak to him. "I'm going to take a shower, meet you in fifteen for breakfast." He waved a hand dismissively, and I went into my room without being seen.

 I turned the hot water on, a set of clean clothes sitting on my bed and the door shut tight. I think there's a bathroom for each bedroom, which must be a lot. But then again there might be shared rooms, and I have a single because I'm not a student and new. I stripped and hopped under the stream of hot water, muscles relaxing as the steam calmed me. I left the bathroom door cracked so the stifling air wouldn't make me blackout.

At least the washing supplies are vanilla scented, strawberry is a bit too much for me. Strong scents offend the sensative nose. I lathered and rinsed my hair twice, an old habit, and washed up. By the time I stepped out I was clean and smelt like icecream. I dried off and dressed, putting on a pair of dark jeans with a hole for my tail, a black t-shirt, and a black hoodie with an electric blue design. 

My torn and dirty clothes sat in the laundry hamper in the closet. I brushed my hair and fur with the brushes provided. I think prof. X had someone pick up the cat brush though, for my fur. I checked the time, fifteen minutes exactly. I walked out of my room, Logan leaning against the wall. 

"Ready already?" I nodded and smirked. Not all girls take hours to get ready, especially when style and make-up are not my taste. He grinned and we left to get breakfast as the school began waking up, alarms and showers being turned on and off periodically. 

I sat down with my bowl of fruity pebbles, Logan sitting down with some eggs and bacon. As we ate people began flooding in, getting breakfast and finding somewhere to sit. Someone turned on the news, and I listened to reports of an attack on the whitehouse, by a mutant. Logan finished before me and when we handed over our dishes, he cringed and grimaced at a wall.

"What is it?" He looked down at me and his frown deepened. "So that's why he said to bring you." He grabbed my hand and ran out of the room, dragging me along. Literally dragging, his long strides made me trip and I didn't get the chance to get back on my feet. He stopped in front of the prof. office, bursting in and shutting the door. 

I got to my feet as everyone in the room stared, and my ears laid back in a mixture of embarassment and anger. I looked around at the gathering, consisting of Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, the Beast, Wolverine, prof. X and me.

"Alright now that everyone is here, I have a mission for you." Cyclops turned to the professor while pointing a finger at me. "Why is she here?" I crossed my arms and glared, trying to burn a hole into his head. "Because Cyclops, she might prove useful. Magneto doesn't know about her, because even Cerebro couldn't detect her. And her abilities need to be tested, which means she is going with you." 

Cyclops frowned and crossed his arms, glaring out the window as I leaned against the wall. "The attack on the president, that's what we're here about isn't it?" I asked cooly, loving the surprise flitting across the professors face. "Yes, you all are going to speak with the mutant, and hopefully bring him back here to answer a few questions."