What if she doesn't want me to stay?"

.

I shook my head.

"You are my daughter.

You will always come first.

Besides, how could she not love you?"

.

She giggled.

"That is true. I am loveable."

.

I felt the feathered touch on my cheek.

"I love you, Daddy."

.

"I love you, Whisper."

I stood up.

"And what's say that later, when I come home, we sit around the fire and sing some Christmas carols."

.

Whisper squealed.

"That would be great, Daddy."

.

"So you going to be okay?"

.

Whisper laughed.

"I am a Spirit, Daddy. I will be fine."

Her voice trailed, as she headed off down the hall, followed by the two cats.

"Have fun, Daddy."

.

Dinner at Sheila's was wonderful.

It was the first time in my life that I actually felt like I had a real family.

I adored Henry and of course, I was quickly falling in love with his beautiful mother.

.

It was later, after dinner, that Sheila and I got some time alone.

.

She passed me a gift.

"Before you open it, just remember that buying for you is not exactly the easiest thing in the world."

She passed me another present, that was strangely shaped like record albums.

"But I think you will like these."

.

I opened the albums first.

"Wow. Where did you get these and how could you afford them?"

It was a collection of Beatles albums, first pressing. Among them was the very rare 'Yesterday and Today', butcher cover.

"This album alone is very expensive."

.

Sheila kissed me.

"Do you like them?"

.

"Of course, but ..."

.

"They were my late uncle's. He left them to me. I know they are valuable, but they are even more valuable, as a gift for you.

Besides, if things go the way I hope they will, they will never really leave the family."

.

I gave her a long kiss.

Now I was sure of my decision to buy the jewellery for her and even more assured that by this time next year, we would be a real family.

.