.

"That's okay. I was about to haul my ass out of bed anyway and make some coffee."

.

"So, you are still coming for dinner?"

.

"Of course I am. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

.

"Well, you can pop over anytime. You don't have to wait until the afternoon.

It would be nice for you and Henry to spend some time together."

.

I had to agree.

"I will be over, early afternoon. Just have to call my sister and niece and do a few last minute things around here."

.

"Okay," she said softly.

"I love you."

.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

.

We said goodbye.

.

Ghost and Spirit were both crawling over me by now.

"Okay. I get the point."

.

I got up, used the washroom, put on my coffee and gave the cats their breakfast.

.

As soon as I poured my coffee, I went to the living room and turned on the tree lights.

The Christmas tree was beautiful. But the memory of Whisper and I decorating it, made me a little sad.

The few small gifts under the tree were for Spirit and Ghost, not that they would even notice.

.

I had just lit a fire, when I heard a scream from the far end of the house. I turned to the hallway, just in time to see Ghost and Spirit racing toward the scream.

I ran down the hallway. As soon as I opened the door to the new room, there was another scream.

I walked inside, a huge smile on my face.

My little girl was home.

.

The room that we had all worked so hard on, was a little girl's dream. And it was all for Whisper.

.

Everything a little girl could want. A four poster princess bed, with matching pink drawers. A pink love seat, with matching footstool. A big plush armchair, for when I sat in her room with her.

We had built a large window seat, with fluffy pink and purple cushions, so she could sit and watch the outside world and the wildlife that frequented our garden and the forest surrounding.

.

There was a pink desk and chair, with a computer system set up on it.

I had one of the technicians at the computer shop download thousands of songs on the computer and it was hooked directly into a stereo system.

There was not only children's songs, but many of the rock classics that Whisper so loved.

Since she was becoming so adept at buttons and remotes and such, I felt this would be a breeze for her.

.

There were several bookcases filled with books I thought she might like. And a huge selection of Archie comics. She was fascinated with the Archie gang.

.

A 48 inch flat screen television, hooked to the computer and to the satellite dish, with all the cartoon channels programmed.

I would have to show her how to access the cartoons on the computer, but I was sure in time, she would be a pro at it.

.

Dolls, teddy bears and stuffed animals of every kind filled the room. Dozens of fluffy pillows.

Even a large dollhouse with every conceivable piece that I could find.

I even had a swinging cat door put in the door so Spirit and Ghost could come and go.

.

There was a big bow around the bottom two posts of her bed.

A 5 foot high Christmas card had a huge picture of Santa on it and a simple 4 words inside;

Merry Christmas

Love

Daddy

.

I could almost feel her arms around my waist.

"I love you, Daddy."

.

"I love you too Whisper," I said looking down where I assumed she was.

Tears were filling my eyes.

.

There was another scream of delight.

"I love it, Daddy."

.

The television sprung to life and immediately Ghost and Spirit jumped up on the bed.

They both lay on the bed about three feet apart. I assumed they were on either side of Whisper.

.

I turned to leave the room.

.

"Where are you going, Daddy? Stay and watch some cartoons with me."

.

I nodded.

"Let me get my coffee."

I poured a fresh cup of coffee and went back to the room.

I sat in the big arm chair and put the coffee on a small table next to it.

.

Spirit and Ghost jumped off the bed and up on the arms of the chair.

.

I looked down.

"Are you sitting on my lap?"

.

"You don't mind, do you, Daddy?"

.

Tears filled my eyes.

"No. Not at all."

.

I sat there watching cartoons and laughing along with my ghostly daughter.