He dropped my wrists with a lingering touch and I opened the door.

When I stepped out I could hear him sigh from inside and shut the door gently.

What was that?

I felt like I was buzzing as I crossed the hall into Gypsy's room. I quickly stripped and put on some fresh clothes. I picked up a shirt that showed my belly, with long thin sleeves and a turtleneck, a curious article that I didn't remember owning but it was my size. A pair of jeans was the next thing I laid fingers on and I wriggled into them.

I quickly went into the bathroom and washed my contacts and brushed my teeth and hair. I was feeling rejuvenated but I guess a full day of sleep could do that. It was a good thing too. I would need the energy to deal with Heather.

With my long hair piled on top of my head in a knot, I ripped down the stairs and into the kitchen, ready to get my day going.

At four in the morning…

Nobody else was up so I fumbled through all the cabinets and cupboards and refrigerator drawers to get my breakfast which ended up with two failed attempts at cereal. I couldn't find the milk and ended up eating it dry, definitely not my preferred way.

It must have been hours that I was sitting there munching on my dry cereal before I heard people moving about upstairs. The first person to join me was Gypsy and the awkward silence that hung over us was stifling to say the least. It was like we both wanted to speak, but no one knew what to say. What do you say to someone who made it clear they don't approve of your brother as a leader? What do you say to make it better?

The only thing I could think of was to talk about something completely unrelated, like how her evil plan with Blake had gone.

"So did you ever use whatever you got at Spencer's on Blake?" I asked hesitantly.

Whatever she bought must have been quite racy because she nearly choked on whatever she was eating. I snickered and waited for her to continue.

"No, not yet."

"And what is it that you have planned exactly?" I dared to ask.

"Nothing much."

"You didn't choke on nothing much," I muttered. "At the very least tell me what you bought," I bargained.

She hesitated but mumbled it anyway, "A pair of handcuffs and lingerie," she said very, very, quietly. Well, it wasn't exactly breakfast conversation.

"Handcuffs, huh," I repeated, "you were certainly feeling daring."

"I know," She said and I could practically hear her cringe, "I don't know what I was thinking!"

"Um, you were thinking he's your mate, he owes you, and of sex," I pointed out.

"Exactly! I wasn't," she burst. "He doesn't even think of me like that! He just jokes around! It's always about the pack, it always was about the pack, and it always will be about the pack!"

I was a bit stunned. Every time I had heard them interact they had seemed every bit the loving couple I would expect from mates. Either I was wrong, or she was the blind one here.

"You know, I think you should corner him in his room one day wearing that lingerie under your clothes and jump him. Just handcuff him to the bed and go for it. You're mates, he won't be able to resist!" I suggested. I was just being frank. "And why am I telling you this? You're the outgoing one!" I accused.

"You're not mated to Blake," was her oh so eloquent rebuttal.

"Oh shut up! At least you have a mate!" I joked, but it was my pet peeve number one: "ignorant discontent" I like to call it. When someone doesn't count their blessings and complains about their life all the time. Of course I complain too, but only to myself. I'm not going to air them out for everyone to see. There are always people worse off.