CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

Zacznij od początku

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise till forever, little bro," said Hisham while pulling out a packet of pineapple flavoured fruit drops from his pocket which they had both shared in amicable silence though as much as Hisham had claimed to have shared the candy equally, even at that tender age, Yasir had still been able to figure out that that Hisham had kept adding more and more candy to his palm from his share because he knew how much his younger brother loved the pineapple fruit drops and he also knew that they wouldn't fail to cheer him up.

"You know Akhi? I really really wanted to play," he said as he plopped the last of the candy into his mouth.

"Well, we will still play. Don't worry Yasir."

"Really? How?"

"Well you and me can play together, can't we?"

"No!" he had immediately replied while shaking his head vigorously.

"But why not?"

"That would mean that we will have to play against each other. I always want us to be on one team Akhi. Always."

"I didn't think of that, Yasir and I also want to always be on your team too," Hisham had said and then added...

"If we win, we win together and if we lose, we lose together."

Those last specific words of his brother's were not less than suffocating for him mainly because Hisham had stuck and remained true to them forever. All achievements of his had been his Akhi's as well and whenever he had been at his lowest, his brother had always been there to remind him that he was worth it all.

Now that he thought about it, he couldn't help but question himself, had he too been there for his Akhi when he was at his lowest? Had he?

He doubted it and the guilt of just thinking about it was close to killing him but then again, his Akhi was not the only person he had failed.

Just when he had reached a point in life, where he had thought that he needed no one else, Allah had granted him someone who had made him feel far more than just PERFECT and that person was none other than Yumnah Saeed...

His wife!

Yumnah had walked into his life when he least expected it and turned it upside down but all in a good way. She had made him feel loved, she had made him feel wanted and nothing gave him more joy than to think that out of all the men out there, she had chosen him and him alone to be her life partner; her soulmate.

These two people, one who was his brother and the other his beloved wife, played really major and important roles in his life but then had he taken these two special people for granted? Had he been using them selfishly? Had he been there for one and not for the other or had he just not been there for them both?

He just didn't know and what made his heart to feel even more burdened was what Hisham had told him, the day they had fought. That one day that had created havoc in all their lives. He had said...

"I had told you Yasir, women will separate us and clearly they did."

Till now he could not make out as to what that had meant and he was also not heartless and stupid to blame it on Yumnah. His wife was innocent, he knew it and he loved her but then could it be that he had become so obsessed with his love life that he had forgotten all about his Akhi? Could it be that when he was so busy showering all his love and attention to his wife that he forgot to notice his brother's suffering?

If the answer was yes, which he thought it was, he couldn't stop from loathing himself.

He rubbed his temples, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as he rethought everything. It had all happened so fast. From one side his wife had given him the good news that she was expecting their first child and from the other end his Akhi had walked in demanding for shares and claiming that his life was a living hell!