Chapter 29

Rose's POV 

It has been sixty years now that we have lived in the mountain. Our children are grown and pursuing relationships of their own. Ferin is married to a beautiful dwarrow from the Iron Hills. They are expecting their first child in a few months. Ruby on the other hand, she has gotten the attitude of her Uncle. She is the head of the guard, for now until she finds her one. Tholvin is off exploring the world with his cousin Kili. Who knows that those two are up to. I think Kili said something about visiting Bilbo in the Shire taking Tholvin the way we took to get to Erebor. Except getting caught by the goblins I assume. 

We receive word every day from our boys about their lives they are living. They are young and exploring new beginnings on their own. Which is amazing. I wouldn't want it any other way. Fili and Dri had one more child, a boy. They named him Vili. Cutest little bug you have ever seen. Little odd that they waited sixty years to have another child, but there is no judgement coming from anyone. 

Dwalin and Ori's daughter was grown. More like Ori than anything. She works in the library teaching little dwarrows about dwarf culture keeping the spirit alive in them. 

Soon it will be time for Ferin to move back to the mountain with his family. Preferably before the birth of his child. It is almost time for Thorin to reduce his kingly duties and pass them to our first born. I can see the years weighting heavy on his shoulders. There is still life in him. I just want him to relieve some of the stress of being King so he can enjoy his last years. To go and visit the Shire. See dear Bilbo again. It has been years since we have seen him. The lad isn't young anymore. 

Maybe we can come across Gandalf on our travels. I can't remember the last time we saw him. Maybe when Tholvin was five possibly when he passed through here again. I am not sure anymore. Some of the members of the company have passed on to live in the stars. It broke my heart when they passed. They were and still are my family. 

Thorin is still King Under the Mountain, and I am still queen. Age is finally catching up with us. More grey has gathered in Throin's hair with his age. Along with myself. We still have plenty of energy left, but still. We are old. 

I sat next to Thorin in the throne room. I smiled and took his hand softly in my squeezing softly. "I love you my king." I whispered softly. He hummed and looked at me smiling. "And I love you as well my Queen." He whispered and leaned over kissing my forehead. 

"Lets go and visit Bilbo before the snow sets in." I said softly and smiled at him. Thorin chuckled and nodded. "I wonder myself on how our burglar is doing in his old age. Maybe he will have a tale or two to tell us when we arrive. We shall go and start packing now." He said and stood and held his hand out to me. I smiled big and took it kissing his cheek once I stood. 

"I love you so much Amrâlimê." He whispered kissing my forehead. I smiled big and looked up at him. "I love you too." I whispered and kissed him softly smiling big into the kiss. 

I am so happy I stumbled upon him and the company sixty years ago in the Shire. I can't imagine my life without him and our children in it. 

AN

Thank you guys so much for reading this story! Sadly it was time for it to come to an end! I will admit I cried writing parts of this chapter. I am sorry for how short it is! I am working on another Thorin Oakenshield love story! It will be published soon! Thank you so much for the support with this story!