Chapter 28

**Three Months Later**

Thorin's POV

I smiled watching Ruby and Ferin run around out in the spring sunshine. It was just the perfect temperature for them to play outside without wearing their coats. I sat on the bench watching them chase each other through the green grass. I smiled seeing how big they have already grown.

"What has you in such deep thought?" Rose asked sitting next to me holding Tholvin close to her chest. I looked over at her then at my youngest; smiling seeing him asleep pressed into his mother. "I am just enjoying the sun and watching my children grow my Queen." I said softly smiling at her.

Rose smiled and kissed my cheek. "How are the children doing outside?" she asked moving Tholvin some and sighed heavily. Tholvin cried out in protest from being moved. He pressed into her even more. I smiled watching my youngest press into his mother. "They are doing just great running around and stretching their legs. Making them stronger with each step they take." I said and turned watching Ruby and Ferin run around.

"Dwalin and Ori's wedding is tomorrow." Rose said softly leaning into me. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple. "I know. The kingdom is excited about it all." I responded looking at Tholvin seeing that he was awake. I smiled watching him glanced around before pressing his face back into his mother's chest. "Sleepy child." I whispered watching him.

Rose hummed and looked at me then down at Tholvin and smiled. "That he is. The more he sleeps. The more he grows." she whispered brushing his cheek softly making him yawn loudly.

I chuckled and looked over seeing Dwalin walking up to us. "Uncle Dwalin!" Ruby screamed running over to her Uncle tackling him with the help of Ferin both of the dwarflings taking out the old warrior's legs.

Dwalin laughed as he fell to the ground surrendering to the children. I smiled watching them. Rose looked up from Tholvin watching them closely. "Children let your Uncle up!" She called. Ruby and Ferin giggled before getting up and running over to us.

I laughed and looked at Dwalin seeing him get up and walk over to us dipping his head before smiling. "Good afteroon my King, Queen." He said smiling. I nodded to him smiling. "How is the wedding planning going?" I asked looking back over at Ferin and Ruby seeing them running back around chasing each other.

Dwalin huffed. "Good everything is ready for tomorrow and as usual Ori is worrying about everything." He said sighing and looked at his nephew in his sisters arms smiling. I chuckled and looked at my children. "Sounds usual for Ori. Dwalin I've been meaning to speak to you." I said standing. I kissed Rose's head then Tholvin's before leading Dwalin away.

Dwalin raised an eyebrow and looked at me confused. "Is something wrong?" He asked looking at me.

I shook my head no taking a few more strides away from him holding my hands behind my back looking out onto the city of Dale. I smiled seeing people walking around the edges of the city. "Then what is it?" I heard him call standing next to me.

"How would you feel if I found Ori and you a child to adopt and raise?" I asked turning and looking at him. Dwalin looked at me shocked. "Y...you would do that?" He asked his voice cracking tears forming in his eyes.

I smiled seeing his reaction. "Of course. There is a little girl that lost her father in an accident and her mother died giving birth. She has no family Dwalin, I want you and Ori to be her new family." I said watching him closely.

Dwalin wipes his cheeks some and smiled. "We would be honored to be her parents Thorin. I can't thank you enough for what you have done." He said smiling. I smiled at him. "I will bring her in after the wedding. During the feast." I said and pressed my forehead into his before pulling back. "Go and enjoy your night." I said smiling