Chapter 23

*~Five years Later~*

Rose's POV

I smiled watching my children run around outside of the mountain. They were playing in the fallen leaves from the trees. It's been an interesting five years with these two.

Ruby had just started to walk. Her legs are growing stronger every day. Oin said that she started late due to her being born early. But Ferin started walking when he was four. I want to blame Thorin for carrying Ruby around so much that has her delayed so late with walking.

"Amad!" Ferin screamed running towards me holding a big leaf in his hands. "Look!" He gasped holding it out to me. I smiled and took the leaf. "It's beautiful. Go find a couple more and we can bring them home. And Ferin I told you to keep an eye on your sister." I said softly and looked up at Ruby.

Ferin turned and looked at his sister heading over to her sitting next to her.

I smiled and leaned back on the bench watching them.

"Shouldn't you be getting them inside? It is starting to get colder." Dwalin said sitting next to me. I turned and looked at him. "They get a few more minutes. How are you doing brother?" I asked looking at my children watching as Ferin showed Ruby more leaves.

"I'm doing good. It's you I worry about." He said watching his niece and nephew. "Why do you say that?" I asked.

Dwalin chuckled and looked at me. "There are rumors, My Queen, that you are with child again." He said raising an eyebrow. I looked over at him blushing bright red. "Oin promised not to tell anyone until I told Thorin, but yes I am." I said and smiled.

Dwalin laughed and hugged me.

"Dwalin!" Ruby screamed and stood running on wobbly legs towards us. Dwalin pulled away and picked her up spinning her around making her squeal more.

Ferin ran over and lifted his arms wanting held. I rolled my eyes and stood picking him up resting him on my hip. "Did you find another leaf?" I asked handing him his other.

Ferin shook his head no and looked at the leaf.

"Let's go get these two some food." Dwalin said and headed towards the mountain. I sighed following after him. "Amad when is Adad going to be back home?" Ferin asked leaning into me. I kissed his forehead. "He will be home hopefully today." I whispered and walked into the kitchen seeing Fili and Kili eating as well.

"Fili!" Ruby screamed. "Kili!" Ferin yelled smiling more. I chuckled and set Ferin down watching him run over and set his leaf on the table and crawl on to Kili's lap.

Dwalin smiled and set Ruby down on Fili's lap.

"What are you two doing?" Fili asked tickling Ruby making her giggle. I rolled my eyes as I got them some food ready. "I'm going to go and check on when Thorin's arrival will be." Dwalin said leaving the room.

I nodded and brought the food to the children and sighed rubbing my lower back. "Can you two baby sit for me? I need to go and get myself ready for dinner in a few hours." I said watching my children as they ate.

"Of course Aunt Rose. We would love too." Kili said smiling and looked at Fili. "Sides Fili needs more practice since Dri is due any day now with his own." He said smirking.

I smiled and kissed Ferin's and Ruby's head before headed towards their room sighing heavily.

I feel drained. Exhausted even. I rubbed my stomach as I looked through my dresses. I'm only a few weeks pregnant but it's been crazy. Especially with Thorin traveling to the Iron Hills to speak with Dain.

Sighing heavily I pulled out a royal blue dress and got changed into it and fixed my hair. I looked over at my crown and smiled picking it up and setting it on my head.

Thorin's POV

I sighed heavily smiling big seeing the mountain. Being almost two weeks away from home was hard. Especially without seeing Rose, Ruby, and Ferin. I missed them so much. They literally are my world.

Riding up to the front gate I smiled seeing Dwalin. "Dwalin!" I called jumping down off my pony walking up to him and hugging him laughing.

Dwalin laughed and pulled away. "It's great to have our King home. I can name a few people who will me more than happy." He said smiling leading me inside.

"Speaking of them where are they?" I asked looking around. "Fili and Kili are babysitting them. Rose has been exhausted since you left." He said. I frowned and nodded heading towards the dining hall.

"Adad!" I heard the familiar screams of my children. I turned and smiled seeing them with Fili and Kili. They took off running towards me giggling. I laughed crouching down and caught them in my arms kissing their foreheads standing holding them both. "What did you two do with Amad?" I asked heading into the dining hall smiling at all the familiar faces.

"She went to get dressed." Ferin said and leaned into me humming. I smiled and looked at Ruby. Ruby hummed playing with my robe. I smiled and sat down setting them on my lap and looked out among the familiar faces.

I smiled big watching Fili escort Dri into the hall. Poor girl looks like she could pop any second. I watched the door closely for Rose.

Soon she was in the door. She looks beautiful as ever. She looked and smiled seeing me with our children. She hurried over and kissed me softly before pulling away and sat down next to me looking at everyone her eyes landing on Dri and smiled.

I sighed heavily and started to eat watching my children as they ate making faces at each other. I chuckled and leaned back finishing my food watching them before taking Rose's hand. Rose looked over at me and smiled big. "I have a surprise for you." she whispered and squeezed my hand.

I hummed and glanced at the children then at her. "What is it?" I whispered back. "You will see tonight." she added and smirked and sighed heavily leaning back into her chair.

Ruby yawned loudly and leaned back into my chest. "Adad I'm tired." she whined. Ferin snuggled into me already asleep. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Rose confused. Normally the children were bouncing off the walls after dinner. She hummed and smiled at me. "They had a big day outside. They have been playing all day in the leaves running around." she whispered and stood. "I can carry one of them" she said smiling.

I shook my head no and stood holding them close smiling. "I can handle them." I whispered and kissed her forehead heading towards our room. She followed next to me and smiled at maids and nobles as we walked down the hall.

"How has the last week been?" I asked walking into the twins room laying them down before changing their clothes into their night wear. Rose hummed and changed Ruby. "They have rough but we can talk about that later." she whispered and kissed Ruby's head before walking over and kissed Ferin's head before taking my hand and pulling me from the room closing the door softly.

I hummed and squeezed her hand softly before she pulled away and took her crown off then her dress her back to me. I watched as the light from the fire danced off her skin. I swallowed hard and looked up at her once she turned towards me.

"Come love." she whispered walking over to the bed crawling under the covers. I quickly undressed and walked over and laid next to her pulling her close kissing her softly. My hand trailed down her side humming.

Rose pulled back and smirked at me. "Just be careful. There is precious cargo between us." she whispered and kissed my nose.

I looked at her confused not sure on watch she was meaning. She rolled her eyes and pulled my hand to her stomach. I gasped and looked up at her. "Are you?" I asked pulling her closer. She nodded tears in her eyes.

I laughed and pulled her into a hug kissing her face smiling more. She giggled and cupped my face and kissed me softly. I hummed and pulled her closer. She hummed and pulled back smiling at me. "I love you." She whispered brushing my cheek softly.

I smiled and kissed her nose. "I love you too." I whispered and pulled her closer kissing her agian.