Chapter 27

Theo's POV

"Well, it was good formally meeting you Michael, and good to see you again, Theodore." My dad smiles as we head to the door.

"Yes, quite. It would be great if you both could come again some other time." My mom agrees.

"I'll update you on our schedule later mom. Bye!" I say as we exit the house. They stand at the door waving before closing it. Michael and I hop into the car and drive back to Aunt Alice's house.

"That went pretty well." Michael comments.

"It was pretty awkward." I mumble.

"Well, not surprised there. However, it ended pretty smoothly." He replies.

"True." I sigh. I briefly wonder if things will ever be the same.

We pull up into the driveway and I say goodbye to Michael. He gives me a small peck on the lips making me blush. I watch as he drives off before entering the house.

"Hi Theodore. How was the visit?" Aunt Alice asks. She's sitting on the couch watching some type of Netflix series.

"Well, I suppose. We've arranged a plan for me to move in around next week. Is that alright?" I say.

"Of course. I'm glad you and your parents are okay now. Going to miss having someone to share the chores with." She chuckles. I grin and give her a hug.

"Thank you, for letting me stay." I murmur.

"You're welcome, hun. It was the least I could do. If any troubles come up, talk to me okay?" She says. I nod in reply, smiling.

-

-

The week goes by pretty quick. Soon enough, I'm all packed and ready to leave Aunt Alice's house. My parents have come to pick me up. They come out of the car and greet Aunt Alice, hugging her and exchanging a few words. My luggage is loaded into the trunk and I give Aunt Alice one more hug goodbye, thanking her for everything, before driving back home.

-

My parents and I head into the house and I go up to my room. It's exactly the same as I left it. I take out all the used clothes from my luggage and toss it in the laundry. Once I've unpacked my luggage, I change into a T-shirt and some shorts and lounge on my bed. I have to admit, as much as I enjoyed my time at Aunt Alice's house, home will always be the most comfortable.

-

About a day or two later, I get a text from Ethan stating that he got tickets for us for his dance. I double check the date of the dance, inform my parents, and agree. We all plan to pay Ethan back for our own ticket later.

Apparently Ethan managed to get a hold of 6 tickets. How, I have no idea. So, Brianna, Sean, Rowan, Liam, Michael and I will be going. Kind of like a triple date if it counts? We still have about a week before his performance, and we're all pretty excited to see it.

-

(A/N: haha i'm so sorry for all the time skips but literally not much happens in this time period that's important)

-

-

Over the past week, I get more comfortable around my parents again. They've asked a few questions here and there if there's anything different about being gay, but that's about it. They're really trying to make me comfortable and not invading my privacy with the whole relationship thing.

Today is the day of Ethan's dance performance, and I'm really hyped for it. I haven't seen Michael this week either since he's been busy arranging his classes for next semester, so I'm also excited to see him again.

My parents drop me off at the theatre where Ethan's performing. I say goodbye to them and head into the theatre. We said we were all going to meet in the lobby. Glancing around, I spot Rowan leaning against one of the walls on his phone.

"Hey Rowan." I greet him. He looks up at me before putting his phone in his pocket.

"Hey." He replies.

"Is anyone else here? I thought you'd be coming with Li or something." I comment.

"No, just me. I'm not attached to Liam, you know," he says, looking mildly amused.

"Oh, I know. It's just, you two are pretty close, and you've gotten quite familiar with each other within such a short time span too. Liam likes hanging out with you."

He scratches the back of his head sheepishly, glancing around, "Er... thanks, I guess?"

"How do you feel about Liam?" I ask curiously.

"He's... a great friend. I really like hanging out with him. We have stuff in common too, which is nice. He gets cutely angry when anyone mentions his height, or how cute he is."

"Oh? You think he's cute?" I smirk internally.

"Ah- I... er... Yeah, guess so." Rowan mutters, his hand going up to grip the back of his neck. I grin at the older boy.

"Gonna ask him out anytime soon?"

"What? No, I couldn't do that. He trusts me as a friend, I wouldn't want to break that. I'd feel terrible if I'm the reason our relationship suddenly gets awkward. What if I scare him away? He's not... the bravest... especially when it comes to horror movies." He adds that last sentence under his breath.

"You've watched horror movies with him? He agreed to watch horror movies with you?" I gasp in surprise.

"Uh...Yeah? Why?"

"Li hates horror movies. He refuses to watch them with us." I grumble. Rowan has a fond smile on his face at that. Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me.

"Hi Theo! You're... Michael or Rowan. I don't know which one." Brianna strolls over to us with Sean in tow.

"I'm Rowan. You're Brianna?" Rowan chuckles, extending a hand. Brianna nods her head and shakes Rowan's hand.

"This is Sean! My boyfriend." Brianna introduces. Sean flashes a smile at Rowan and shakes his hand as well.

Soon enough, Michael and Liam come and meet us at the entrance as well. Michael introduces himself to Brianna and Sean, and then we start to head inside to take our seats. I sit with Michael on one side of me and Liam on the other. Next to Liam is Rowan, and then Brianna, and Sean.

The lights dim, and we await Ethan's performance.