I don't respond because I want to give him a few minutes before I break the news. He doesn't say anything else, he just holds me close for a few more moments before letting me go.

As he pulls back he keeps a hold on my shoulders smiling widely at me. "Fuck, I've missed you. I can't believe you're here!"

I give him a small smile. "You just saw me at Gail's funeral," I point out.

He shrugs. "Yeah, but we only talked for a little while and well I wasn't expecting to ever see you walk through that door," he laughs and then shakes his head in disbelief. "Why are you here darling?"

"We have a lot to talk about Kain." He takes a step from me and his gaze scans me head to toe. His eyes zero in on my hands as I nervously fiddle with my hairband. "What happened to your wrists? And you're not wearing a ring?" His eyes flash back up to mine, searching.

I hadn't even noticed I had slight bruises from where the suited man grabbed me. "Like I said we have a lot to talk about..." I repeat uneasily.

His eyes narrow at me. "Did Alex—"

"No!" I interrupt quickly, knowing exactly where he was going with that. "No, of course not. Look Kain what I need to tell you isn't easy. Please sit."

He eyes me cautiously before sitting on top of one of the desks and gesturing for me to continue. "Luna was kidnapped," I say immediately without prolonging the inevitable.

I stand watching him cautiously as a dozen different emotions flow through his eyes. "What?" He sputters out.

"About a week after Gail's funeral I got a call from a hysterical Wayne saying that Luna was kidnapped," I tell him and then go on to explain all the details that I know.

"Fuck," he mumbles with a pained look on his face.

"That's not all..." I add and he looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Kain they know..."

"Know what Charlie?" He shakes his head in confusion upon seeing the fear in my eyes.

"They know who we are. They know we were Elizabeth and Garrett," I admit.

His hazel eyes widen in disbelief. "How could they? Are you sure? There's no way..."

"I've been getting letters... Threats of sorts..." I bite my lip nervously.

Kain shoots up from his seat and holds my shoulders while searching my face. "Threats? You've been getting threatened Charlie?" I nod and his face turns to despair. "Have you told anyone?" I shake my head, my eyes filling with tears. "What did they say?"

"The first one had a photo of Luna tied up and beaten," I choke out, the tears releasing. Kain's hazel eyes fill with anguish. He brings a hand to my face and strokes the tears away. "The note was addressed to me and told me I had a month to find Luna or they'd kill her." My lip trembles and I see Kain's eyes fill with tears.

"What else?" Kain asks.

"It was implied that they know stuff, but are trying to get more information out of Luna. She must have revealed something because they said in the second note that Luna didn't have forever like I did. And then in the last note it said Luna revealed a piece of their puzzle and that they'd give me a piece of mine."

"What was it?"

I look between his eyes as he waits patiently for my answer. I lift my hand and hold his that still holds my face. "It said I should ask for help." He looks confused. "They told me to ask Garrett for help."

Kain's eyes widen and he takes a sharp breath. His hand drops from my face and he takes a step back, looking lost and nervous. "How... How is this possible?"