Airport

Once Jackson and I get back from Cape Town, we start planning the trip to New York. Elizabeth, Jackson's Mom, said that we should take more than a few days, but Jackson and I know that they can't afford to go without us for very long. So we stick with our plan of two days in New York. The two weeks until we get there seem to creep by, my parents offered to let Jackson and I stay at the apartment in the guest room, and while we have a nice place and we'll only be there for a few days I don't know how I feel about that. I also don't know how I feel about Jackson telling my parents he proposed when I have no ring. But I'm sure everything will work out for the best.

When Jackson and I get to the airport it is early in the morning, we are ready to wait until about two o'clock for our flight. Jackson and I start getting our bags checked and the TSA guys ask the normal questions, asking if we are traveling for business or pleasure, but how do you answer that? Neither? But I have to say pleasure, I guess. I am ahead of Jackson a little bit and feel his hand on my back. "Hey, it's okay." He smiles as I turn back to him, "We are just going to New York to see you're parents."

I nod and continue forward. Once we are on the plane I am able to relax a little bit. Quickly falling asleep due to the lack of it I've been getting lately, being worried about my Father. When Jackson and I land it's close to six a.m. My mother knows when we should be landing and said she would be there, but knowing her she'd be late. When we walk into the terminal with our things I look around and see Emma. "Hey!" She jumps up and down, waving her arms, "Kat! Jackson!"

I almost run up to my sister, "Hey!" Once I get to her I give her a big hug. "Where's Mom? Or did she send you?"

"Moms in the bathroom. She'll be out any minute." Emma lets me go and smiles over to Jackson, "Hey, handsome. Still in love with my sister here?"

"Hey, Emma," Jackson hugs Emma a little awkwardly, "Yeah, I'm still in love with your sister."

"Good." Emma nods as they separate, "Cuz otherwise I'd have to beat you up."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, that's my job."

"I thought that was Dove's job." I chuckle.

"We split it." Emma smiles.

"There's my baby girl." I turn and see my mom walking toward us, giving me a hug and a kiss, which I return when she gets to us, "how was your flight?"

"Good." I smile and gesture over to Jackson, "Mom, you remember Jackson, right?"

"Of course," Mom smiles and hugs Jackson, a little too tight for his liking, "How are you? Been making sure Katherine is safe in Africa?"

"Of course, ma'am."Jackson nods.

"No need to be so proper, Jackson. You can call me Margot or Mom, whichever you prefer," Mom looks over to me, "Your father is waiting for us at home. I'm sure you guys are ready to get back there and relax before your next flight. When is that again?"

I smile and sigh, "Friday, at four o'clock."

"Great!" Emma grabs my shoulder, "That gives us tonight to spend with Mom and Dad, then tomorrow we can run around the city with Dove before you head back home."

"I don't know about running around the city, but okay."

The four of us head to the car, getting to the apartment in about 20 to 30 minutes. I feel gross like I do after every shower. When Jackson and I unpack what little we have, he walks over to, "Wanna shower?"

I nod, "You know me too well."

"Not possible. Go on, I'll man the fort here."

I chuckle, "By doing what? Spending time with my parents?"

"Exactly. I'm family now right? I should get to know them better."