The Sidemen & The Pack- Childhood

Start from the beginning

I spent quite a while catching up with Lachlan, who I was the closest with out of the group, and I introduced him to JJ and Tobi who had heard a lot about him from me. It was mostly JJ and Tobi talking and Lachlan listening, as he also tended not to talk around people he wasn't familiar with.

"It was athletics day wasn't it? Yeah it was cause Rob was sick." My head shot up as I heard the mention of athletics day from Jerome.

"Nah!!! Shhhhhh Jerome, you said you would never mention that again!!!" He grinned and poked his tongue out, which earned a soft giggle from Lachlan. He knew very well what the story involved and I hadn't realised that they had some very embarrassing information about me until Jerome started talking, making me almost regret inviting them over without telling them to not mention anything cringey about me from when we were younger.

"Oh come on Vikky! They don't know!? It's funny!!!" He pouted.

"For you maybe! That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life!"

"Yeah, one." Lachlan elbowed me cheekily. "And we know a lot more too."

I squealed and placed a finger to his lips.

"No! No, no, no, no, NO!!! No mentioning anything!!!" There was some low giggles from most of the Pack members, laughing at all of the stupid things I had managed to do in front of them.

"Hmmmm I think I want to hear this." Ethan said, laughing when I chucked a pillow across the room at him.

"No!!! No you don't!!" Lachlan giggled and pushed himself closer, watching the interactions between the others. I knew he wanted them to tell the stories, he found them funny because it was embarrassing for me, not him, and he loved to tease me.

Jerome started to tell the story but before I could get up and tackle him, stop him from speaking, Lachlan wrapped his arms around my waist and clamped one of his hands over my mouth, holding me back.

"Just let it happen Vikk. It's not that bad." I glared at him but settled back into his arms.

"For you maybe." I mumbled but eventually I sighed and rested my head in his shoulder, listening to the tale Jerome was spinning about that one athletics day in high school, when I managed to embarrass myself beyond belief.

The sun was blaring down onto our heads and shoulders, I could feel my skin burning even though we had only been outside for half an hour and I knew that I would go home with burned skin if I wasn't careful. I was more worried about the boys than myself, who were all much paler than me and more susceptible to burns, so I threw the bottle of sunscreen at Mitch.

The 5 of us, only 5 as Rob was off school sick, were hiding in the shade of a classroom but I knew it wouldn't last long. Once it hit noon the shade would disappear.

Mitch, Jerome and Preston were doing to most events out of all of us, with 4 events each. Lachlan and I were only doing 2, high jump and javelin, because neither of us were exactly sport fiends and a little awkward we just stuck to them. We preferred to watch anyway.

The day started normally, the boys went off to do their events like clockwork, I did mine fine and then we all just chilled on the field for the rest of the day. We weren't allowed to leave the school grounds until the end of the day, not that it stopped some people, but Jerome was right on the edge of being suspended for being disruptive and we didn't want to give the principal any more reason to punish him.

It was only an hour before the end of the day when I started feeling a little sick, a little dizzy. I wasn't sure what it was but all I knew was that I was feeling unwell so after about half an hour I decided to go to the nurses office, away from the noise and the heat.

Lachlan came with me, holding onto my arm to make sure I stayed upright and I literally came within 10 metres of getting inside before I toppled over. Right onto a girl that I had a crush on.

"He fainted. On a girl that he a crush on. Because of heat stroke!" Preston sniggered, he had seen the whole thing unfold and had watched me fall on top of the girl, who had been very shocked and also confused.

"He was taken to hospital just for a check over and it actually kind of ended well because he got a kiss, even though he was so freaking embarrassed." There was a round of giggles around the boys and I buried my face in my hands, going bright red.

"You're a dickhead Jerome." I mumbled, Lachlan tightening his grip around my waist.

"Maybe you shouldn't have gotten heat stroke then?" He teased, hugging me.

"Oh shut up." I hissed, curling up so no one could see me. There was soft giggling from most of the others, including the Sidemen, who seemed to find Jerome's retelling of the story very funny and I was just getting more and more embarrassed.

"Awww Vikky's blushing!" Lachlan crowed, making me blush even more than I had been. I elbowed him and got up to leave the room but JJ, who had been watching my reaction to the teasing and the poking, stood up and pulled me back.

He tugged me into his lap and let me rest my head in his shoulder, hiding my face in his shoulder.

"You good Vikk?" He asked, looking at me, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine JJ." I said. "It's just embarrassing." He smiled.

"I figured, did you not tell them to keep it zipped?" I shook my head. "I think there'll be plenty of time to get them back."

I lit up, knowing it was true. I had heaps of cringey and embarrassing stories about them so I would definitely get them back during their time at the house.

"Yeah." I grinned. "There is." I eyed Lachlan and I saw his eyes widened as he got what I meant.

"NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!" He practically shrieked, waving his arms around. "You said you would never mention it again!" I giggled.

"Just as you said you would never mention athletics day again, but you broke that promise so I guess I can break mine." Lachlan squealed and covered his face with his hands. "So on one summer day-"

"NO!" He leapt at me and covered my mouth with my hand, stopping me in my tracks. "Never!"

I got his hand off my mouth by licking it, causing him to shriek and then I continued my story as if nothing had happened.

"-Lachlan and I were in English-" Lachlan groaned, curling up into a balk and covering his head tightly.

"You're an asshole Vikk." I grinned.

"I know. As I was saying..."