Bajanless- Propose

Rob's P.O.V.

I was bouncing on the tips of my toes nervously, pacing around the room as I waited for the others to arrive. Preston watched my nervous pacing with a smile on his face, he had already been through what I was about to do and he knew the feeling of waiting.

He had proposed to his girlfriend the year before and now I was getting ready to propose to my boyfriend in the next few hours.

"Stop pacing Rob! It doesn't help!" He was laughing, relaxed and leaning against the sofa. "He's gonna say yes!"

"I know but it doesn't make me any less nervous!" He grinned and stood up, hugging me tightly.

"Everything's gonna go amazingly Rob, it's fine!" I sighed and leaned into his hug.

My anxiety levels were through the roof and although I knew everything would go fine, it didn't stop the what ifs running through my mind.

I had all of the Pack other than my boyfriend, Mitch, planning everything for me so Mitch didn't get suspicious and Jerome was distracting him for the day. Preston was staying with me and Vikk and Lachlan were organising everything else. I could trust Vikk to get everything down in time.

"Just hold on for a little longer, we'll leave in a few minutes. Jerome and Mitch'll arrive about an hour after that, we'll text Jerome to tell him when to come." I nodded and started gathering my stuff together, double checking that the ring was still in the red velvet box in my hoodie pocket.

The ring was a pink sapphire with diamonds beside it, but it wasn't quite what it appeared. Both the sapphire and diamonds were lab made so the only thing that was real about the ring was the gold, making it cheaper and much more environmentally friendly because we weren't supporting the dangerous diamond mines where children were used to find diamonds.

I had noticed Mitch looking at rings on occasion and noticed that he wasn't drawn to the traditional diamond ones, and was especially interested in the lab grown gems. I had gone with that, and I hoped that he would like it.

"Let's go Rob!!!" Preston called from by the front door. I checked over everything one last time, checking my outfit, which was a casual pair of blue jeans and a nice red and grey shirt, wasn't crinkled or stained. "ROB!!!"

"I'm coming Preston! Chill! I thought I was the one stressing!" He grinned and shoved me playfully, pushing me to the front seat of his car.

The ride was mostly silent and I spent the whole time texting Lachlan for reassurance. He kept telling me that everything was fine and that everything was set up, and also that I shouldn't worry about anything.

He was quite happy to talk to me and Vikk eventually joined in the conversation, the two giving me advice on how not to die of anxiety. The two, who were together, were laughing and joking but also giving really good, assuring, advice.

When we pulled up to the park Lachlan and Vikk both rushed in and hugged me, pulling me to a secluded area around the back of a small lake. There I saw a picnic rug with a pile of blankets and a basket of food, looking over the view of the gardens.

I smiled, it would look really beautiful at sunset when I proposed to him. Lachlan had a camera around his neck, he was a brilliant photographer, and would take photos of me proposing to post on our social media, as we were out to our fans.

"Thanks you guys, it looks amazing."

"And now we wait!"

-------------------------------------------------

I sat in the tree line with Preston, Vikk and Lachlan waiting for Jerome and Mitch to show up, tapping my foot nervously. Preston kept giving me reassuring nods every few minutes and Lachlan and Vikk kept leaning over and squeezing my hand, trying to calm my anxiety.

My head lifted when I saw Mitch and Jerome come into the clearing, Mitch clearly confused and Jerome barely able to hold back his excitement.

Lachlan nudged me to go forwards and I slipped from the tree line, sneaking up behind Mitch as Jerome turned away and went to where the others were hiding. Mitch spun in a circle, a little confused as to why Jerome left, but he relaxed when he saw me, sitting back on his heels.

"Hey Rob, what's going on?" I smiled and leaned in to give him a quick kiss.

"It's a surprise for you." He smiled shyly and flushed red, burying his face in one of his arms.

"You're too cute Rob, thank you."

I grinned and took his hand, pulling him over to the picnic blanket. I planned to propose when the sun started to set, just a few minutes away, and although the time was closer than ever before, now I was calm. I was happy.

When we sat on the ground he entangled his fingers tightly in mine and rested his head on my shoulder. I could almost hear the hushed whispers, conversation and laughter from the boys behind me, even though they were smart enough to stay out of earshot.

As the sun started to set he relaxed completely into me and as I looked back at him and gently pushed his hair back from his forehead I saw a content smile on his face. When I looked back and saw Lachlan standing behind us with his camera at the ready I stood up, much to Mitch's confusion, and pulled him down to a flat area by the edge of the lake.

"Mitch," I pulled the box from my back pocket and got on my knee, watching as his hands flew to his mouth, his eyes widening in surprise, "you've been my boyfriend for 5 years now and we've been through so much together, no matter what life through at us. You've taught me some important lessons in life and showed me the importance of keeping friends and family close."

I smiled over at the boys.

"I no longer feel like my world could fall apart at any second like it could have before I met you, you're my world, you're my best friend and I can't imagine living my life without you. You're the absolute love of my life, my soulmate and my boyfriend, and now I want you to be my husband."

"Mitchell Hughes, will you marry me?"

He nodded, happy tears spilling down his cheeks.

"Yes. Yes!" I stood up and gently slipped the ring onto his finger, pulling him into a tight and loving hug. He buried his head into my shoulder and cried in happiness, all while I rocked him gently and whispered into his ear.

"I love you Mitchy." When he pulled away, tears still falling, he smiled tearfully and looked down at the ring.

"I love you too Rob." His voice shook but I could tell he was happy.

Jerome surprised the both of us by jumping up behind me, yelling happily.

"Mitch's get MARRIED! My besty's getting MARRIED!" Mitch smiled and hugged him before coming back to me, letting me wrap him in a side hug.

Preston grinned, flashing his own ring at me.

"Told you it'd be fine Robby, you should trust me more often." I rolled my eyes playfully and kept Mitch close, letting him lean into me and play with the ring on his finger.

"Thank you Rob." He leaned up and kissed me gently. "I love you."

"I love you too."