Chapter Eight

Marc's POV

  It slowly becomes hard for me to breath as I trail behind Jason, stepping into his house. Loud music booms through the dimly lit house.
  "Where are your parents?" I ask Jason loudly so he can hear me. "Out of town all week!" He responds leading me deeper into his house.
  My eyes widden as I see Nathaniel dancing with Mathieu. I hide behind Jason as Nathaniel looks our way. "Who are you hiding from?" Jason asks leaning close to my ear so I can hear him.
   Nathaniel glares at Jason. I sign looking down. "Let's dance." Jason says grabbing my hand and dragging me to the dance floor. My breath quickens as I begin to feel eyes on me. The music echoes in my head as everything around me melts together.
   "What's wrong?" Jason asks me when he realizes I'm standing still. I try to speak but I only manage to make a squeak. My legs begin to feel weak. Right as I'm about to collapse, Nathaniel  rushes to my side pulling me away from the crowd.
   "What are you doing here?" He asks leaning close to me so I can hear his voice over the loud music. "Hanging out with a friend..." I say leaning back, putting some distance between us.
   "Marc you have bad social anxiety. You dont like coming to things like this. So why did you?" He asks staring deep into my eyes.
   I turn my face to the side so that I cant see his blue eyes. "Jason invited me and I didn't see the harm so-" I pause,stepping away from him," Wait why am I explaining this to you? I don't have to explain why I do what I do. I came to have fun Nathaniel. That's it." I finish, stomping away from him, and heading back to where Jason was.