"We will be home soon. I promise." He murmed, smiling down at me.

I just planted a kiss on the inside of his palm, making him shudder and bend down to give me a quick peck on my temple. He tried to sit back up but I wasn't satisfied with just being palmed off like this and took his head into my hands, pressing my lips against his and making him groan deep in his throat. I giggled, leaning back and pulling him down with me, taking a nip at his lip.

"Ew, dad!" Hypnos voice came out of nowhere.

I huffed annoyed and rolled my eyes as Erebus pulled away from the kiss to look up at his son. I could see him hovering above us, looking down at me. He seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact that he was starting to annoy me with his persistent interruption of my alone time with Erebus. I was so going to make him pay for stealing time from us. Maybe by putting too much salt into his food.

"I bathed your naked butt for weeks." Erebus huffed. "You have no right to complain."

"Dad, you are embarassing me!" He whined, sitting down on his butt. 

I let out an annoyed groan and propped myself up on my elbow to look at him. I wasn't sure if he was doing it because he thought he was being funny or if he was trying to be like Eris, stopping us from displaying any behavior that was associated with being in a relationship. I most certainly wasn't going to stop, not unless he wanted me to and right now he didn't seem like he wanted that.

"What's your problem?" I asked but it came out way more pissed than I intended too.

"I...uhm." Hypnos tried, stuttering. "I guess I don't want to see my dad do these things with someone other than my mom."

At least he was being honest but it bothered me that he didn't want his dad to be happy with me. He couldn't deny that his mother had been treating him horrible and still did, screaming and yelling at him every chance she got. Erebus deserved better and while I didn't think I was necessarily the best person to be in a relationship with but at least I was loving him for who he was as a person and not abusing him. I could never hurt him or cause him emotional distress in any way.

"Why?" I wanted to know.

"I want my family to be okay." He huffed, picking up a stick and drawing swirls into the soil.

Erebus sighed and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before he sat up and walked over to his son, sitting down next to him. I brushed the dirt off me and sat up myself, watching him give his son a hug. Hypnos seemed to be surprised but he quickly caught himself again, throwing his arms around his neck and burrowing his face against his shoulder. I felt awkward just watching them and turned my attention back to my feet and the dark red moss.

"Hypnos, your mother and I are never getting back together." I heard Erebus say. "Even if Caleb and I were just friends, I still wouldn't be interested in getting back together with her."

"You took him in and your relationship with Mom fell apart!" Hypnos sniffled as I peeled some moss of a rock. 

"We had trouble before that." Erebus told him. "It's better if we spent some time apart."

I didn't understand what Hypnos replied but I also didn't care too much. It pained me to know that his son wanted us to break up and expected him to get back with his ex wife. I was mostly feeling sore about Hypnos being his son and he would take his concern serious which meant there was a chance of him breaking up with me for his son's benefit. I just didn't want that to happen for this particular reason.

I held my breath to keep the tears from collecting inside my eyes. I didn't want to cry again, especially since it hadn't even happned yet but my body betrayed me and started trembling, giving my emotional state away. I wrapped my arms around my knees, resting my head on my knees as I heard steps approaching, making me look up. Nemesis had walked over to me, standing next to me while Eris was keeping a few meter distance to us.