The Pack OT6- Vampires

Start from the beginning

We knew he was probably going to turn, but we really didn't know for certain. There was only so much information you could get off the internet, especially about something so obscure and something that most people didn't think was real.

We didn't even know who had bitten him, or why, the only thing we knew was that it was Vikk or Preston because Jerome had seen them fleeing the house. According to him Vikk was crying and Preston was barely standing on his own, Vikk was actually dragging him down the driveway.

According to some sites we found on the internet he would be "dead" for a few days and then wake up either normal or turned, depending on what type of bite it was. We didn't know the intentions behind the bite, whether the vampire was feeding or trying to turn Lachlan, so the only thing we could do was watch and wait.

--------------------------------------------------

Lachlan's chest heaved, his breathing crackling like he was breathing through phlegm. His arms were moving the tiniest amount and I could see his eyes moving underneath his eyelids but he was still unconscious, still "dead".

Mitch sat on a chair beside me, curled up silently with his thumb pushed into his mouth. He was scared, I could tell, he was so scared for Lachlan, he was scared for what was to come. He didn't like uncertainty.

When Lachlan first opened his eyes I felt my heart leap into my throat. Mitch called for Jerome who had spent as much time away from the room as possible because he felt so guilty that he hadn't stopped Vikk and Preston.

"Lachlan?" I whispered, brushing his hair out of his face. He squinted and groaned, rolling onto his side and that was when I saw his teeth. "Shit." I mumbled. "He's been turned."

Mitch and Jerome rushed to my side and I pushed his top lip back, showing the teeth that had been turned into fangs. Lachlan rolled his head back, his face contorted in pain and his skin was almost grey, because technically he was dead. His heart wasn't beating.

"What-" He mumbled, raising his hand to his head. "What happened?"

I pressed a kiss to his forehead and Mitch crawled up onto the bed beside him, nuzzling himself into the younger boys side. Lachlan cracked a tiny smile and weakly wrapped his arm around Mitch's side, pulling him close.

"Do you remember?" He closed his eyes for a few seconds and then opened them again, nodding.

"Preston." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He reached up with his other hand and touched the spot where he had been bitten, the bite having already healed over into a scar in the few days he was unconscious. "Is he here?"

"No. He ran away." I saw his lip begin to tremble and he wiped his eyes, biting down on his nails.

"Why... why'd he go?" He whispered. "It wasn't him. He didn't have control." I blinked.

"What?"

"It wasn't him." He said simply, turning away from me and nestling himself against Mitch. I looked across at Jerome, bewildered, but Jerome must have worked out what he meant because he looked absolutely blown away.

"It- it wasn't Preston.... he wasn't in control." He breathed. "It wasn't his fault."

It took a few minutes but eventually I got what he meant, and we started to make a plan. How were we going to get Vikk and Preston back, and how were we going to stay with them forever.

--------------------------------------------------

Lachlan wobbled a little, struggling to get around a bit after having spent so long in bed. He didn't seem to mind that Preston had turned him, he had barely even mentioned that fact that he was now immortal but I had noticed him occasionally touching the scar on his neck and staring blankly into the distance.

We had been planning a way to get Vikk and Preston back, they were moving from place to place each night and sleeping rough, just trying to get out of the city. Jerome had been following them and we were waiting until Lachlan was well enough to go out before trying to get them home.

"You ready?" I asked the younger boy, reaching out my hand for him to take. He nodded and took it, holding out his other hand for Mitch, who was curled up on the bed and almost asleep. Mitch took his hand and we walked into the kitchen, where Jerome was waiting with his phone in hand.

"We going?" He asked, leaning up and kissing Lachlan. He nodded. "Let's go then. I hope we could get them back."

"We will." I said fiercely. "Of course we will."

----------------------------------------------------

I smiled, feeling the two point scar on my neck. It wasn't new, it was years old now, but I still liked the memories that came along with it. It was Vikk's bite, he had given it to me after everyone finally agreed that we waited to be together forever.

Looking up, I saw my amazing boyfriends nestled up together around the room. Even from where I was sitting I could see the bites on Mitch and Jerome's neck, one of which was Preston's bite and the other of which was Lachlan's.

Mitch, Jerome and Vikk were nestled together on the couch opposite me, eyes fixed on the television and arms around each other so tightly that I couldn't tell whose were whose. They were content and happy, smiling.

Preston was curled up beside me, a blanket pulled over his shoulders. He was half asleep, his eyes flickering closed and as he finally fell asleep his whole body leaned over and rested onto me, his thumb pressed into his mouth.

Lachlan wasn't even watching the television, he was lying on my chest with his head pressed into my neck. He wasn't asleep, just lying there with one of his hands curled into a fist around my t-shirt and his eyes half closed. I kissed his forehead, running my finger over his scar.

I smiled to myself. I was happy, we were going to be together forever and there was nothing that could pull us apart, not even death. I hugged Preston close and leaned down, kissing Lachlan's forehead again.

It was okay.