Chapter Seven: Día Perfecto

Chapter Seven: Día Perfecto (Perfect Day)

-

I wake up and I can feel that we're about to get in shit. I walk downstairs in my pajamas too lazy to change and grab a bagel, eating it just like that.

Suddenly a second year boy barges into our place, earning a few girls screams.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR FOOD!?"

"Girls, run." I instruct and we barrel him over as we run out the door and almost automatically run into the school.

We sit in the cafeteria, half of us in our pajamas.

Second year boys, a bunch of them come in, arms crossed. Alex steps to the front. So I step to the front of the girls.

"This means war." He says, narrowing his eyes.

"Bring it." I smirk.

The boys leave but Alex stays.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into Arya."

"And you don't know who you're messing with Alex."

"Whoever forfeits first, loses."

"May the best gender win." I say before pushing Alex gently away. I turn and stalk back into the middle of the crowd. And I did all this in pajamas.

***

After changing, going to class and coming home. I'm set on finding pranks. My phone buzzes, interrupting me. It's a text.

ADRIAN/ ¡Hola Arya!

I smile. It feels like I haven't talked to Adrian in forever!

ARYA/ ¡Hola Adrian!

ADRIAN/ How has everything been? Has your English improved? Met anyone new?

I type a long paragraph about the prank war and everything else. After it sends, which takes a million years, I go to the kitchen to grab a snack.

I smile, we have all the boys food here too. Let me tell you; they have amazing snacks.

I pry open a bag of Smartfood popcorn and munch on it while completing some of the reading homework.

After I get massively bored, I call Alex.

"Hey Arya." His voice comes from the other end.

"Hullo." I smile, even though he can't see me.

"What caused you to call?"

"I dunno. I felt like talking to you."

Alex's laugh echoes down the line. "What would you like to talk about?"

"Once again, I don't know."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay, let's see if I can be the one to start up conversation this time." Alex says with a chuckle.

I giggle. "Okay."

"So, what's your favourite memory?"

"Hmm... I don't really know."

"Meet me at the fountain in between the dorms in ten minutes." Alex says hanging up.

I frown and shrug.

I don't bother bringing my phone or purse and go out to the fountain. Alex is there already.

"C'mon." He smirks. He takes me gently by the wrist and pulls me with him, running to a car.

"Your car?" I ask.

"Yup." He nods, driving off.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

I smile as we get up to the Eiffel Tower.

"No way!" I smile.

Alex's laughs. "You been here yet?"

"No!" I exclaim as he pulls into a parking space. He gets out and I do so too.

"C'mon, walking around below it is thrilling." Alex smiles.

He takes my hand and we run off. We run through tourists and people selling things until we get right underneath the tower. I look straight up and marvel at how huge the structure is.

"Wow." I breathe.

"It's amazing isn't it." Alex smiles.

I nod. I spin in slow circles, trying to collect all the sights at once. Alex's hands lightly come down on my waist, stopping me from moving.

"You're gonna get dizzy." Alex chuckles.

"There's so much to see!" I exclaim.

Alex laughs and pulls me away from a man about to barrel me over.

"But you have to be careful of the tourists." Alex says as we both watch him walk off.

His hands are still on my waist and I'm embarrassed by the sudden closeness. I can feel my cheeks flush red. We stand like that for a few seconds before I break away.

"Wanna go show me more stuff around here?" I smile.

Alex laughs. "C'mon."

We walk towards a grassy area where lots of people are. Some having picnics, others just walking, and some playing games like cards, soccer and frisbee.

Alex takes my hand again and we start walking.

We talk about random things. From touchy subjects to silly ones to serious ones to crazy ones. It's fun, and it's so easy to talk to Alex. I don't know why, but it is.

I found out that Alex has a sister, Shyla, and a brother, Ghost. But his parents were a topic we weren't allowed to talk about.

He found out I had a half brother, Adrian, and we skimmed over my parents.

I also found out all his favourite movies... We decided we'd have a movie marathon sometime in the near future.

We walk back to his car, drive back and climb out. When we get back to my dorms Alex turns to me. The moon makes him look handsome as ever.

"So, could this be your favourite memory?" He asks.

I laugh. "Yes."

"Could I make it an even better memory?" Alex asks curiously.

I frown. "I don't see how it could be made any better."

Alex smiles and wraps one arm around my waist. He leans down and his lips lock onto mine.

My eyes involuntarily close and I kiss him back.

The kiss is gentle and soft but he soon pulls away.

We stare at each other for a few moments.

"Did I make it better?" Alex asks quietly.

"Yes." I whisper.

"Goodnight Arya."

"Goodnight Alex."

And I walk into my dorm; lovestruck.